The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Adios Rain Computers !!!
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Guru

Adios Rain Computers !!!

Ok guyz this iwth sadness that i just learned that Rain Recording is out of bizness :

"It is with great sadness that we have to announce the closure of Rain Recording Ltd, also known as Rain Computers UK. It's been a great ride since we started in 2006 and I would like to thank everyone who was involved in making it a success. The people who worked so hard, who gave us their time and their passion, and the people who did us the honour of becoming a customer - thank you. I hope our computers continue to serve you well. Robin Vincent, Director and co-founder, October 2013."

Support is still on the menu don't be afraid but i was sad cause really few guyz are seriuos like that

At SAE , on my computer course i alwayz show :

ADK Pro and studio Catz in USA
& Rain Computers in UK

Sad that they're out of bizness since there systems were really to notch ...

The Muse system was even on my menu ...

we will miss you guyz and be sure to holla if you go back in anywayz in bizness ..
Old 20th November 2013
Here for the gear

Any idea how to get service on my Rain Computer?

We spent $15,000 on this machine and that included 5 years of Rain Care Support. How do I get that support now? Thanks.
Old 20th November 2013
Lives for gear

If you are in the UK these guys are handling support: http://moltenmusictechnology.com/pag...0-rain-uk.aspx

Otherwise you are out of luck unfortunately.
Old 15th December 2013
Here for the gear

Anyone know who is handling support in the USA if anyone???
jm
Old 3rd January 2014
Here for the gear

Jami Mcgraw was Rain's US top tech support guy and he was the most helpful and talented PC Pro audio support guy I had ever talked with. He bent over backwards to help me figure out my tech issues on my Rain Ion, I love that computer.

That said I purchased my second rain computer from the factory this last summer (Rain Livebook) with the exclusive purpose to work with a UAD Satellite (mobile mixing). Come to find out UAD does not support PC laptops (UAD Satellite works great with my Rain Ion). Rain was not aware of this and Jamie confirmed it by chatting with UAD top developers. I now had no use for the Rain Livebook (still sitting in the box, brand new). Upon repeated attempts to talk with Rain sales about a refund or credit towards a different Rain computer that would fit my needs better they never would return emails or phone calls (except Jami, he is a bad ass though he had no authority to issue a return). With this kind of customer service I am not surprised they went out of business.
Old 22nd January 2014
Here for the gear

I've also been trying to find out about support for the US. What I do know is that Jami McGraw was more than top tech support, he was the VP of technology for rain computers. He now has a thing called Rain Creations, they can be found on Facebook. They talk about handling some support but I tried emailing them and haven't heard anything back. As of today Bill Paschick Co- founder and president of Rain is working for a company called Jam gear who will now be handing US distribution for Carillon computers. You can check that out at jamgear.com.
Old 22nd January 2014
Here for the gear

Rain was in the process of going out of business this summer. They always had excellent support and service. You probably purchased your computer and shortly there after they began shutting their doors and that's why your emails and calls went unanswered because there was no one to answer. It seems like it all went down rather quickly though there isn't much information to be found concretely
Old 22nd January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by allpraise View Post
We spent $15,000 on this machine and that included 5 years of Rain Care Support. How do I get that support now? Thanks.
Out of curiosity, what did you get for $15,000.00 ? I can't even fathom how someone could build a PC for anywhere near that amount. Does that include an interface, converters etc.?
Old 22nd January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverb View Post
Out of curiosity, what did you get for $15,000.00 ? I can't even fathom how someone could build a PC for anywhere near that amount. Does that include an interface, converters etc.?
I would also like to know this.
Old 22nd January 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
I'd like to know too. I have a pretty decent setup for my home studio and it was like 2400 bucks. The rain element vfx two Intel sandy bridge processors and 16 gbs of ram. Quadro graphics. TI FireWire chip set. Like the whole nine yards. I could only imagine what $15,000
Would get me
Old 7th February 2014
Here for the gear

Hi Guys. Rain US is indeed closed at the moment. While it may go through a metamorphosis, I am still available to assist with any support questions or concerns you may have. Rain Creations on facebook is a place where you can send in questions and concerns. I appreciate all the kind words, and feel fortunate to have met so many great people in my tenure at Rain. I look forward to what the future holds, and am still present in the community, with articles published regularly in Mix magazine as well as Sessionville | Helping musicians learn, grow and create.. I saw that someone tried to message me and did not receive an answer. I do not recall seeing a message come in, but please reach out to me, as i will do my best to honor any warranties still standing. All the best guys!
Old 7th February 2014
Lives for gear

Bye bye Sony computers too!

http://www.businessweek.com/articles...op-selling-pcs
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanthonyw View Post
waoh ....sad //// they were the precursor for a lot of things that are standard now ....

i had a VGN BX 197 XP pro laptop : DPC latency : 3-8 us ....never seen this since !! and the Xblack 1900*1200 screens were just georgeous
Old 27th February 2014
Here for the gear

Cannot locate Rain Creations on Facebook as it's stated in your post. Please provide a link if possible for those of us with RainCare Encompass 3 year support plans with nowhere else to turn. If someone is aware of another support network to help with Rain issues, please feel free to chime in. My current problem is that I'm unable to get online, and my Presonus Universal Control is not responding.
Old 27th February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioelements View Post
Cannot locate Rain Creations on Facebook as it's stated in your post. Please provide a link if possible for those of us with RainCare Encompass 3 year support plans with nowhere else to turn. If someone is aware of another support network to help with Rain issues, please feel free to chime in. My current problem is that I'm unable to get online, and my Presonus Universal Control is not responding.
Assuming you can't get a hold of anyone from Rain:

1) You have a PC - just bring it to any tech for your internet issue. There's nothing special about a Rain computer, any tech will be able to help you.

2) contact presonus regarding that product.
Old 27th February 2014
Quote:
Assuming you can't get a hold of anyone from Rain:

1) You have a PC - just bring it to any tech for your internet issue. There's nothing special about a Rain computer, any tech will be able to help you.
Hello no. Many "IT" people have no clue about audio and start bombing it with antivirus, ccleaner and god knows what to mess up your system. We have quite some customers who wanted to get out of that nightmare. Buy a lottery ticket, you have a better chance there...
Old 1st March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAW PLUS View Post
Hello no. Many "IT" people have no clue about audio and start bombing it with antivirus, ccleaner and god knows what to mess up your system. We have quite some customers who wanted to get out of that nightmare. Buy a lottery ticket, you have a better chance there...
Or ......he could just tell the tech not to install any software and just deal with the internet connection issue...
Old 2nd March 2014
Old 26th March 2014
Here for the gear

Hello guys!

I also bought a Rain system just before they closed the doors... wish I would have been informed of them going out of business.
I picked up the event mini itx, and I did so for the software support.
I paid 400-500 more than what I could have built it for, and I did so ONLY FOR SUPPORT (I priced every component and software)
Unfortunately, the hardware was just as bad.
PSU fan went out about 5 months after i got it. Must have been out a while as i could smell something burning here and there over the course of a month!
I only noticed it wasn't working when I opened the case to dust it out, fired it up and the fan was seized tight.
Cpu fan went out at 6 months.
I'm not surprised that Rain tanked.
Old 9th June 2014
Here for the gear

Sorry, I'm a little late back to the party but here's the Facebook link https://m.facebook.com/RainCreativeS...com%2Furl&_rdr

I bought one of their tower pc's and every component on the thing is still running like a champ. In my experience they were excellent computers. I'm actually surprised they went down.
Old 18th February 2015
Here for the gear

Hi. I just bought a Rain livebook a2 in a store in New York. Unfortunately the owner didnt have the battery anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Old 18th February 2015
One good reason to learn how to build your own DAW rigs...you never go out of business, no tech support needed. I've been building my own machines since I started...and at the time I barely knew how to even 'use' a computer! The physical building of hardware was the easy part!
Old 18th February 2015
Lives for gear

So much for the support you pay...

Building computer isn't rocket science and I really don't get how much support yu need once it's up and running.
Old 18th February 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by maus vom mars View Post
Hi. I just bought a Rain livebook a2 in a store in New York. Unfortunately the owner didnt have the battery anymore. Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Hi,
There should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop with a model and serial number.
What is the model number? It is most likely a Clevo or MSI laptop shell they use so can find the replacement battery that way.

Chris
Old 18th February 2015
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADKChris View Post
Hi,
There should be a sticker on the bottom of the laptop with a model and serial number.
What is the model number? It is most likely a Clevo or MSI laptop shell they use so can find the replacement battery that way.

Chris
Dude, ur the best!

Thank you very much, found it
Old 16th July 2015
Here for the gear

Rain battery......desperate!!

I have an older RAIN livebook....its been a trooper but now the battery is toast and I can't find a replacement, can anyone help. I have looked at all the stickers on the bottom and nothing is coming up. Thanks.
Old 16th July 2015
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sossity View Post
I have an older RAIN livebook....its been a trooper but now the battery is toast and I can't find a replacement, can anyone help. I have looked at all the stickers on the bottom and nothing is coming up. Thanks.
HI PM with the model number for the laptop (sticker on the bottom with the UPC code.
And the model of the battery.
Taking a picture of each sticker might be easier for me to find out what shell vendor they used on that model.

Thanks Chris
Old 17th July 2015
Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
So much for the support you pay...

Building computer isn't rocket science and I really don't get how much support yu need once it's up and running.
Unfortunately, the people who never learn anything about computers need the most support when something go's south...and it will at some point. I know of some people who think changing a simple stick or ram, or a hard drive, or even system battery is a big deal & show stopper.
Old 13th November 2015
Here for the gear

Good, I bought a Rain Live book and it is the biggest piece of **** i have ever used, anytime i would say anything people would say i am crazy but it has giving me nothing but problems since day one. **** this computer and i cannot wait to smash it on the ground once i get my new laptop.
Old 3rd August 2017
Gear Head

Ohh zoheir adios a las putan...tambien
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search