The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Blind Test of plugins inside!
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Blind Test of plugins inside!

Hi guy!

So this thing start when my friend tell me that nomad factory was better than waves plugins.

So I just search a test on the www and I dn't really find something cool.

So I decide to make one!

Here is a little video that I make for my friend and I decide to share with you!

First video, Waves Vs Nomad Factory Pultec plugins.
It's a blind test so you will not be influenced by the brand you like!

If you want other blind test just ask it will be a pleasure to make it for you if I can have a demo version of the plugins you want to test.
(Note here i'm on a MAC so the plugin need to be compatible)

My goal is to make some blind test with the Nebula plugins.
If you want to help me with that just subscrite to my youtube channel and share the video.
More view I have more money I can make and more blind test I can do!!!

Thx for watching and if you have some comment or sugestion just do it!!

BLIND TEST Waves Vs Nomad Factory Pultec EQ - YouTube
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

219 topic view and only 11view on the video??!!
It's because of the kind of plugins or you just dnt care about this kind of test?
Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear

i like them both!
Old 24th October 2013
Lives for gear

I think it's a good start... but all it proves is that the 2 plugins either have different calibration for the knob positions, and/or different bandwidth/curves in their Pultec simulation. Perhaps with just a tweak of the knob you could match the results of the knob positions instead of just setting them to the same value. For example, run a 12k tone through and adjust them both for the same amount of 12k boost when measured on the meters. Then we could hear the curves separately from knob calibration.

The comparison is interesting because they are both supposed to be modeling the same thing, an EQP1A, which is a funky piece of hardware that has been used on hit records for decades.

Ultimately unless we hear them compared to the hardware we don't really know which will get us closest to the hit sound!

Youtube views: I have a bunch of YouTube comparison videos up, and they get comments positive and negative. Views come and go -sometimes no one watches one for a month, and then it catches a few hundred more views in a day or two.
Old 24th October 2013
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff D. View Post
I think it's a good start... but all it proves is that the 2 plugins either have different calibration for the knob positions, and/or different bandwidth/curves in their Pultec simulation. Perhaps with just a tweak of the knob you could match the results of the knob positions instead of just setting them to the same value. For example, run a 12k tone through and adjust them both for the same amount of 12k boost when measured on the meters. Then we could hear the curves separately from knob calibration.

The comparison is interesting because they are both supposed to be modeling the same thing, an EQP1A, which is a funky piece of hardware that has been used on hit records for decades.

Ultimately unless we hear them compared to the hardware we don't really know which will get us closest to the hit sound!

Youtube views: I have a bunch of YouTube comparison videos up, and they get comments positive and negative. Views come and go -sometimes no one watches one for a month, and then it catches a few hundred more views in a day or two.
Hi!
Thx for the comment.
Your write about the knob calibration, the point is it's suppose to be the SAME eq simulation, so I dnt understand why the EQ are so different.

To me the Nomad sound WAY batter. More tight, more musical, more clean.
The only advantage I saw for the waves...more punch, but i'm shure I can have the same punch with the Nomad.

I think I will add a test 5 on my future video and I think I will do "Try to sound the same"

I will tweek the EQ or comp or whathever and try to have the same sound, it's a realy good idea!!

Be shure to propose your blind test, it will be a pleasure for me to do it!!

Ps sorry for my english

Jc
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search