The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
SPL Crimson
Old 13th June 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
U shud route it inside daw. For ex.. route a track to hardware output 3/4 . 3/4 wil gonto speaker b. You can route master out to both 1/2 and 3/4 which means u get the master track on both a and b speakers simultaneously. And can be heard from both speakers at the same time. When artist mode is enAbled I think the 2nd headphone out will carry 3/4 out .
Hi Woodhouse,
thank you for the input,
what about outside of DAW?
few examples:
1. i want to connect my NI kontrol s4 MK II controller in sources trs jack l&r,or line in 3&4, or ipad in sources 3.5mm stereo jack,or cd player in sources rca inputs
2. i want to play music from a player on PC

if you push both artist mode (and A to B) (and maybe rotate monitor mix knob) do you have 4 simultaneous outputs on 1&2 and 3&4 in this situations (connecting gear in line ins or sources or just play music with a player),

would be great if you can try that for me,
if you dont have a 2nd pair of monitors maybe you can try just plugging one monitor to speakers A Left and second monitor to speakers B Right (if you have the cables) or maybe plug headphones to one of Speakers B to see if you have a the same signal as the connected monitors in Speakers A,

thanks in advance
Old 13th June 2016
Gear Nut
hi all,
i would like to use this interface for
1.produce music on a PC, working mostly ITB with projects loaded with vsts and effects, so i need proper latency,
2.use the line ins to connect 2 synths and use them in a daw,
3. occasionally plug a guitar and mic and use them in a daw,
4.use 2 line ins or sources to connect my NI kontrol s4 mkII controler,
5.use it as a default interface also for listening to music,
6.use it as default inteface for listening my ipad connected in 3.5mm setereo jack in sources or cd player connected in rca input in sources
7.use the outputs Speakers A to my Dynaudios and Speakers B (and S/pdif out) tomy AV receiver that has 5.1 speakers configuration connected,

this is how i used my Focusrite Saffire that i just sold:
connected via firewire i was satisfied with the latency on every project that i worked on,
Saffire had two line ins so i had to switch cables and that's why i'm searching now at least 4 ins interface to have everything connected at once,
i had outputs 1&2 connected to the Dynaudios ,3&4 connected to the AV receiver, s/pdif out connected to the AV receiver, 5&6 connected to active PA Speakers,
(on the crimson i know that i dont have 5&6 output but that's ok)
i could turn on any of these speakers by desire and needs and they have signal,
there was not a restriction to use all outputs at once if needed so i could play all these speakers at once simultaneously playing the same signal (line ins,DAW,music from PC,youtube....) if wanted,
i'm searching for the same configuration i had with the Saffire in the new hopefully better quality interface,

can i to all this with the Crimson?

thanks in advance,
Old 18th June 2016
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by jovanja View Post
hi all,
i would like to use this interface for
1.produce music on a PC, working mostly ITB with projects loaded with vsts and effects, so i need proper latency,
2.use the line ins to connect 2 synths and use them in a daw,
3. occasionally plug a guitar and mic and use them in a daw,
4.use 2 line ins or sources to connect my NI kontrol s4 mkII controler,
5.use it as a default interface also for listening to music,
6.use it as default inteface for listening my ipad connected in 3.5mm setereo jack in sources or cd player connected in rca input in sources
7.use the outputs Speakers A to my Dynaudios and Speakers B (and S/pdif out) tomy AV receiver that has 5.1 speakers configuration connected,

this is how i used my Focusrite Saffire that i just sold:
connected via firewire i was satisfied with the latency on every project that i worked on,
Saffire had two line ins so i had to switch cables and that's why i'm searching now at least 4 ins interface to have everything connected at once,
i had outputs 1&2 connected to the Dynaudios ,3&4 connected to the AV receiver, s/pdif out connected to the AV receiver, 5&6 connected to active PA Speakers,
(on the crimson i know that i dont have 5&6 output but that's ok)
i could turn on any of these speakers by desire and needs and they have signal,
there was not a restriction to use all outputs at once if needed so i could play all these speakers at once simultaneously playing the same signal (line ins,DAW,music from PC,youtube....) if wanted,
i'm searching for the same configuration i had with the Saffire in the new hopefully better quality interface,

can i to all this with the Crimson?

thanks in advance,

hi any input from crimson owners would be welcomed,
especially experiences regarding:
1. drivers,latency working ITB in a project loaded with vsts under windows 7/64,
2. tracking and recording external synths in a daw under windows 7/64,
3. using speakers A and speakers B outputting the same signal at the same time (signal from connected gear in line ins 3&4 or sources jack,rca,mini jack, or just play music with a player from the PC),
thanks
Old 15th July 2016
Here for the gear

Hi folks, I've read through most of the threads on Crimson but couldn't find (or just missed) any info on how it handles in FL Studio. I read driver stability varies a lot between different DAWs and operating systems, and FL isn't mentioned on their website among the "tested" programs, so I'm wondering if anyone has any first-hand experience?
Old 16th July 2016
Here for the gear

Hi!

Have just purchased the Crimson and all is working perfectly except s/pdif.
I have hooked up my Axe Fx ii with both input and output and I can send the audio out to the axe fx and hear it through the axe fx headphone output.
I can also hear the output from the axe fx when pressing the s/pdif button on the Crimson, BUT if I try to monitor s/pdif in Cubase I only hear a high pitched tone (consistent high pitch tone, no crackling).

I have configured Cubase with one stereo input on channels 5 & 6, and one stereo output on channels 5 & 6.
I have one track that uses the channel 1 input and sends it output to the axe fx stereo ouput, and one track that uses the axe fx stereo output and sends it to the normal stereo output.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be very appreciated, I have searched for hours to try to find anyone with the similar problem.
Old 16th September 2016
I just wanted to say, that I'm using Crimson since early 2015 (January). This is excellent piece of gear and when I was buying it I had no idea how many great functionalities it had. Back then, I had no hardware setup whatsoever. Everything's changed and now i'm slowly building my hardware studio, and crimson is the core of the setup. It sounds great and the build quality is very nice. So it's a big yes for this piece! It's one of those gear for me, that you buy and use for years (at least in my case). Hovewer, I have second unit. The first one was faulty with the volume know, i discovered it after 4 months, but the seller exchanged it for another one. Works flawlessly. Also tested in club environment, I played several live acts using it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search