The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RMX Troubleshoot
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Head

RMX Troubleshoot

Hello all,
I've been using Stylus RMX for 2 years now. Everything has been going great. Then, one day, I stop making music for about 2 months. I get back on the horse (Cubase essentials 5; Windows 7) only to find that Cubase opens up differently. It's been a while now. Just something weird, the way the screen loads.
ANYWAY, I don't really pay any attention to it, and I'm using Cubase just as before. No biggie.
Then, I start using RMX, and that's when I find myself having problems.

Here it is: whenever I drag a beat from within RMX onto Cubase, an "instrument" track is created (the tab is light-green), within which the beat is seated. This is no good. I don't hear the beat.
Normally, a "midi" track is created (the tab is light-brown).
What's going on all of a sudden?

I do everything the same, that is--I go to to devices-->virtual instruments-->RMX-->to the little arrow-->activate 3 or 4 outputs.

This is driving me nuts.

I found a workaround, and that is to manually create midi tracks, drop the beats on these tracks, then delete the empty instrument tracks that RMX created.

Has anyone on this forum encountered this problem before?

Thank you,

ttt
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search