The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Working Digidesign 002 Rack ASIO drivers for Vista?
Old 22nd October 2013
Here for the gear

Working Digidesign 002 Rack ASIO drivers for Vista?

Hello!

We have a Digidesign 002 Rack in our studio, and we use Cubase 5.5.3 on Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit.

Yesterday, we installed WaveDriver 6.1.1 so we could listen to Quicktime, Windows Media Player etc. through our 002 rack, but after the install, everything was broken and the unit no longer works.

We uninstalled the WaveDriver, but the ASIO driver no longer works. I have tried the following driver versions, with limited or no success:

5.3.3b2
8.0.4b

The thing is, we have been using the 002 rack for recording in Cubase for two years without any problems whatsoever, until the WaveDriver installation yesterday. It must have replaced some driver files or something, and I don't know which driver version we used.

Out of all the drivers I have tested, only the latest 9.0.2 drivers work, but there is crackling and popping during audio playback no matter how large the buffer is.

We don't have the old Pro Tools disc that came with the 002 anymore and I don't know which version that was, although there was a Pro Tools LE 8 installation on the hard drive, with included drivers (8.0.3, I was certain they were the drivers we had used earlier, but they don't work this time).

Our studio is down and we can't record anything until this issue is fixed so I was hoping someone had any tips!

I've spent 6 hours yesterday and one hour today doing research, googling, installing and uninstalling drivers but so far the best success we have had is with the 9.0.2 drivers installed and using the 002 through ASIO4all for playback, but this way we lose the direct monitoring function for recording.
Old 23rd October 2013
Here for the gear

Well, we solved it by purchasing a Focusrite Saffire PRO40
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search