The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Mavericks Gold Master 13A603 is live
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Mavericks Gold Master 13A603 is live

Looks like Mavericks 13A603 is live. If you have the last "gold master" installed already I've heard there's issue's upgrading. This looks to be a last minute change to the master copy and was a 500MB update to the original developer master that was released.

You can get it direct from Apple if you have a developer account.

In the process of installing it now on a rMBP and going to run it through it's paces. I've heard alot of positive things so far. Many are saying it's very stable and quick, some have gone as far as saying most stable OS since Snow Leopard. One caveat I've also heard is that it takes 5GB ram to run well, so if you have 4GB it might chug a bit...can't confirm yet myself.

I have a feeling it'll be a while until this see's the studio computer, but looking forward to playing with it on the laptop. Looking very forward to 2014 with Mavericks, Pro Tools 11, & UAD/Slate in 64 Bit AAX.
Old 22nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Looks like Mavericks 13A603 is live. If you have the last "gold master" installed already I've heard there's issue's upgrading. This looks to be a last minute change to the master copy and was a 500MB update to the original developer master that was released.

You can get it direct from Apple if you have a developer account.

In the process of installing it now on a rMBP and going to run it through it's paces. I've heard alot of positive things so far. Many are saying it's very stable and quick, some have gone as far as saying most stable OS since Snow Leopard. One caveat I've also heard is that it takes 5GB ram to run well, so if you have 4GB it might chug a bit...can't confirm yet myself.

I have a feeling it'll be a while until this see's the studio computer, but looking forward to playing with it on the laptop. Looking very forward to 2014 with Mavericks, Pro Tools 11, & UAD/Slate in 64 Bit AAX.
I'm in the process of testing out Mavericks GM 13A603 and have also heard good things about better peformance with CPU usage when using Logic Pro X.

Really hope all these reports are true!
Old 22nd October 2013
Old 22nd October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodlez View Post
I'm in the process of testing out Mavericks GM 13A603 and have also heard good things about better peformance with CPU usage when using Logic Pro X.

Really hope all these reports are true!
I was waiting for the final version before testing Logic Audio and my audio plug-ins but so far the GM of 10.9 has been a lot snappier than OS X 10.8. Fingers crossed.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search