The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone using BitLocker on a system drive?
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
Anyone using BitLocker on a system drive?

Just wondering if anyone out there using it. Is there a big performance hit, etc. with DAW software (PT or DP specifically). Basically I want my notebook locked down for a road trip.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Addict

What benefit will it bring if you only lock down the system drive?
That's assuming you save the audio stuff on a seperate drive that can still be read.
If you store audio data on the system drive and encrypt it i'd assume that you loose some performance, perhaps 15% less.
Old 20th October 2013
Deleted User
I'd be recording to the system drive, though nothing too demanding. Maybe put up 3-4 instrument tracks plus a few vocals - mainly just sketching stuff. I'm concerned that it may not work even in a low demand environment. Of course I've got a bunch of personal/business data also. I know I can use the file encryption to selectively encrypt, but would prefer just to do the whole thing with BitLocker - no room for error/omissions. I currently use BitLocker for all my backup drives.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search