The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
EastWest Promotions (including the current one)
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Head

EastWest Promotions (including the current one)

Hi Guys,

long time reader, first time poster here ;-)

I'm currently in the market for a few things, and I've been looking for an extremely good but less than 0.5k costing orchestra VST. My eye was on symphonic orchestra gold for some time.

Being that I need a few other instruments as well, the current 'scary deals' deal, is the best I could hope for (package containing 3 VST's you can choose from, resulting in 60% off deal).
EastWest - Scary Deals - Save 60%!!
HOWEVER, I kind of need another piece of gear (monitors, if you must know) more urgently.

So, I would be inclined to go for the monitors (which means I'm passing out on the deal), but my question (finally) is:
how often does EastWest do promotions like this? Is it safe to assume there'll be a slightly different, but ultimately comparable deal from east west in the coming months? Perhaps even for the holidays...?
(I do live in Europe, so the deal would have to come from their site, not some US shop...)

Do let me know, guys, and thanks for the near infinite database of wisdom... You're all part of it!

Cheers,

alex
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystAlex View Post
?..how often does EastWest do promotions like this?
EastWest runs sales VERY frequently. There will most likely be Black Friday and holiday sales coming in the next couple of months so you'll be fine if you want to buy monitors first (which is a good choice).
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

Awesome news!
Thanks for the feedback!
And those would be about just as interesting?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

If I were you ,and with the benefit of hindsight ,I would go down the Kontakt route for orchestral stuff...."play" is a little gremlin !!
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Head

Aha... So you'd take session strings pro over EWQLSO?
Even with the free Kontakt player (don't know if that makes a difference though...).
Interesting... Mind elaborating? I'm hearing more and more comments about 'play' issues with ew...
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

you're gonna need a powerful mac with tons of ram and an extra 512GB SSD to run HW Strings ,Play is just plain greedy when it come to resources,oh and set your latency to 1024 ! LASS 2 on the other hand just works smoothly in kontakt ,I own both btw
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Head

Hold on, what's HW? (Hollywood string? Because I'm talking about symphonic... Although they booth use play...)
LASS2 is about double my budget, so... :-(
Old 20th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clonewar View Post
EastWest runs sales VERY frequently. There will most likely be Black Friday and holiday sales coming in the next couple of months so you'll be fine if you want to buy monitors first (which is a good choice).
I'd say they run promotions like this every 2-3 months. I'd expect a black friday sale and probably another at new years.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search