The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
COuple questions on UAD plugs
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

COuple questions on UAD plugs

Hi

i dont use these but the API channel strip put me in the "interested" camp.

however i just bought a new Imac and its USB 3 and Thunderbolt only. will UAD ever

1) release a satellite TB option?
2) a octo core satellite?

have they mentioned anything like this?
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Apollo?
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Hey

i have a symphony for my AD/DA now which is why a satellite would be great to have. hoping they do a TB and possibly an octo in the satellite for power

will keep waiting and see
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

The UAD2 PCIe cards works with a TB expansion chassis. Sonnet makes a 1 slot chassis for $399. So you can get the Octo PCIe for $1499 and the Sonnet, for a total of $1900 and you essentially have a TB UAD-Octo satellite.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
The UAD2 PCIe cards works with a TB expansion chassis. Sonnet makes a 1 slot chassis for $399. So you can get the Octo PCIe for $1499 and the Sonnet, for a total of $1900 and you essentially have a TB UAD-Octo satellite.
I've been close to one recently, it's a bit noisy, but works great. Pcie is not dead yet.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
I've considered this as a solution to move my Octo PCIe back and forth between my PC and my laptop. Unfortunately, no Thunderbolt on the PC, so I'm going to wait to see if I get the new Mac Pro before I consider something like this.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search