The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves plugins blank GUI
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Waves plugins blank GUI

Hi,
I'm having a big problem with Waves plugins. I'm using Studio One 2.6. When I drag and drop Kramer Tape (also new j37 tape)to FX insert, the GUI showed. But when I close it and open it again, it shows blank (white) GUI. I noticed I can run 50 NLS instances with no problem. I'm using Intel HD2500 IGP. I've searched the problems on GG but I'm not having any solution.
Thanks
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothing Left View Post
Hi,
I'm having a big problem with Waves plugins. I'm using Studio One 2.6. When I drag and drop Kramer Tape (also new j37 tape)to FX insert, the GUI showed. But when I close it and open it again, it shows blank (white) GUI. I noticed I can run 50 NLS instances with no problem. I'm using Intel HD2500 IGP. I've searched the problems on GG but I'm not having any solution.
Thanks
Are you using multiple monitors??
Old 18th October 2013
I've read similar things after people upgraded to 2.6, only Mac tho. I don't experience white gui, but instead some windows jump off screen when re-opened.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
Are you using multiple monitors??
No, I use single monitor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondwave View Post
I've read similar things after people upgraded to 2.6, only Mac tho. I don't experience white gui, but instead some windows jump off screen when re-opened.
I have the same problem even when I open Waves in Reaper.
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict
I've seen reports of this problem when running Intel integrated graphics. It may be worthwhile to install an inexpensive graphics card (a decent one can be had for $50) to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, Waves support may be able to help you. Good luck!

Cheers,
Eddie
Old 19th October 2013
Lives for gear

Just tried Kramer tape in Studio One 2.6 latest and it works fine for me.
I can open/close/open/close etc and the GUI is always there.

I am using dual monitors with an Nvidia card.

This is Windows 8.1 on a PC.

P.S. I know you don't want to hear this. Just verifying that it's probably not a Waves problem.
Old 19th October 2013
Gear Maniac

I've had this issue - it was an OpenGL issue in the end - I backtracked one step on the drivers and it was fine. This was over a year ago however.
Old 19th October 2013
Deleted User
I had the same problem with the Kramer plugs with a different DAW and installing the most recent version from Waves fixed it.
Old 21st October 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie TX View Post
I've seen reports of this problem when running Intel integrated graphics. It may be worthwhile to install an inexpensive graphics card (a decent one can be had for $50) to see if that fixes it. Otherwise, Waves support may be able to help you. Good luck!

Cheers,
Eddie
I think I should buy and install a cheap graphic card...

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopy View Post
Just tried Kramer tape in Studio One 2.6 latest and it works fine for me.
I can open/close/open/close etc and the GUI is always there.

I am using dual monitors with an Nvidia card.

This is Windows 8.1 on a PC.

P.S. I know you don't want to hear this. Just verifying that it's probably not a Waves problem.
My PC is running Windows 7 64bit. (Intel HD2500 IGP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucks View Post
I had the same problem with the Kramer plugs with a different DAW and installing the most recent version from Waves fixed it.
I'm using Waves 9r14
Old 10th February 2014
Here for the gear

Waves plugins blank GUI

Hi there..Yes it's a annoying issue with waves plugins,but not for me anymore...Today I updated my intel graphic accelerator drivers and the problem is solved..at least for me.
Cheers!
Old 10th February 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by barak_er View Post
Waves plugins blank GUI

Hi there..Yes it's a annoying issue with waves plugins,but not for me anymore...Today I updated my intel graphic accelerator drivers and the problem is solved..at least for me.
Cheers!
I might do this then and see what happens fingers crossed
Old 10th February 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raoul23 View Post
I might do this then and see what happens fingers crossed
good luck!
Old 11th February 2014
Gear Maniac

I run intel graphics on a toshiba laptop. switching from 32 bit to 16 bit in graphics properties solved my issue. :-)
Old 11th February 2014
Lives for gear

i used to have that issue dont remember how i fixed it, but now on my windows i have no problems with that. it only happened on xp and using sonar x1
Old 12th February 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by escape set View Post
I run intel graphics on a toshiba laptop. switching from 32 bit to 16 bit in graphics properties solved my issue. :-)
yes,escape set is right.I forgot to write about the 32 to 16 bit switching...
Old 30th April 2014
Here for the gear

Had a similar problem with Windows 7 x64, it was because of the on-board graphics (Intel HD 4600) - went to Graphics properties – Options and Support – Download the latest Intel Graphics Driver. Downloaded the driver and it fixed the problem Hope this will help!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search