The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
GLYPH DRIVES Warranty; Issues: Reputable?
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Nut

GLYPH DRIVES Warranty; Issues: Reputable?

I purchased my Glyph GT 050Q in 2009, and is just month's out of warranty. I have been experiencing problems with the drive disappearing and all the contents basically disappearing, and if you try to swap files to another HD it gives an error saying that "(some random file#) is in use by another program" and I cannot access or see any of my files in main folders after this error message appears.

I contacted Glyph and they were very quick, to NOT, warranty my defective drive and will charge me a fairly large service charge (for most), on top of labor and parts which is not cheap either. I will hold off as I gather more social media attention towards my issue and put Glyph up to the scrutiny, if it is valid. Right now I know two very respectable studio's/distributors who do not recommend Glyph drives for recording.

After much research I have found that Glyph drives have not always been stable and in fact they have admitted to several defects in past distributed products (faulty enclosures, defective parts, etc.), and unfortunately I am convinced I received one of them. All my most important data is on this drive so I am going to do what I can to save it, but not be nailed with a hefty bill that could go to baby diapers. And another common issue, Drives sent out for service by Glyph have returned with same problems, and I am very skeptical of that.

If any one has any suggestions with my issue I am here for that, but, more so I want to call attention on Glyph, and their ability to address my issue for me and do the right thing for customers.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I use a QT 050Q as well and I've been experiencing random
start of playback problems.
Sometimes when I hit play, no audio.
I haven't ruled out Nuendo as the culprit yet though.
Still trying to figure this out.

I hope you get your issue sorted.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search