The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
New Cubase User already at wits end with Cubase/Steinberg!!!!!
Old 17th October 2013
New Cubase User already at wits end with Cubase/Steinberg!!!!!

Not sure if this should be in here or the 'Moan Zone' but...

So I just upgraded from Cubase Artist 7 to the full 7 version. All was ok and working fine - recording music like I am meant to be doing and really starting to get to grips with the DAW etc.

When I upgraded I also installed the latest upgrade to cubase 7:
Cubase 7

and purchased Halion Symphonic Orchestra (HSO) and The Grand SE 3.

HSO now works and all seems good.
The Grand SE 3 - non existent despite emails to Steinberg customer support. So I have paid but have nothing to show for it. It just doesnt exist in my DAW and there are no links for it and no support?

Now I have been getting non stop error messages and crashes and am getting very hacked off. The only saving grace is GearSlutz users and fellow Cubase users on the Steinberg forum. I appreciate those that have helped me figure quite a few things out

What I really want is someone from Steinberg who knows what they are talking about to call me at their expense and get this stuff fixed - after all I have shelled out a fair amount of cash to them - like many others!

I have had numerous licensing issues - many which are sorted out now but it all seems very tough to figure which files to remove etc. Surely they must be able to create a better way to remove updates and extensions within Cubase on Macs? Or just in Cubase in general.

Anyway my latest problem is this: Just downloaded a trial of 'The Glue' compressor and put it in the VST Plugins folder as instructed. I then open Cubase and go to update my plugins. Attached are the 2 screens of the Problem.

If anyone can tell me exactly what I need to remove or add to make this go away that would be epic - maybe then I can enjoy playing my guitar!
Attached Thumbnails
New Cubase User already at wits end with Cubase/Steinberg!!!!!-screen-shot-2013-10-17-19.31.31.jpg   New Cubase User already at wits end with Cubase/Steinberg!!!!!-screen-shot-2013-10-17-19.32.23.jpg  

Last edited by OxfordEmbers; 17th October 2013 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: forgot attachments!
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

First thing to do would be to run an update of the elicenser software..
Old 17th October 2013
Thanks for the input John - Unfortunately I have done that sooo many times now and even did an uninstall and then a fresh install of the e-license. No Joy.

I have just uninstalled Cubase 7 and am now going to do a full fresh install and start again but not install the update this time.

Do you think I should uninstall Cubase elements 6 AI? That was what came with the UR28 initially.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Yes, it could be a problem with the latest update of Cubase 7. Do a fresh install and get everything working, then run the updates if you dare

As for AI6 - it should be Ok. Normally multiple versions of Cubase can run on the same machine without a problem - but since AI uses a software dongle and if you dont need it? then maybe get rid of that too...

Probably best to completely remove all things Steinberg and start again. Just save your key commands and prefs if you need them from the documents/settings folder..
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Nut

The update shouldn't be the problem, vs 7.0.6 right?

I would install all updates before you install any VST or VSTi's.

Yeah you might want to try uninstalling elements first. I have heard that if you have another version of Cubase installed the new version will try to import your preferences from it and cause problems. Didn't happen to me, I have both 5 and 7 installed, but it has to some people. The fix is to trash the preferences in both version you have installed, or uninstall elements before installing new version.

Preferences are in the "Cubase Application Data Folder", not sure where that is on a Mac but should be in the installation folder.
Old 17th October 2013
Just downloading the full version - I initially got AI6 with my UR824 and got a artist 7 upgrade when i bought it.

That all worked fine. I then upgraded to CB7. That too worked fine.

I have only had the problems since the update and the HSO and SE Grand stuff. I can't point the finger at anything in particular as added a few things at once. We shall see.

So I am hoping that downloading the following I should be covered license wise as I have a licence for CB 7:

CUBASE 7 - COMPLETE INSTALLATION

The Cubase 7 installers here contain all data necessary for a complete offline installation image (DVD image) contains all data necessary for a complete offline installation. You can choose between two ISO images (DVD images) for Cubase 7.0.5 and the complete 7.0.2 installer.

DVD 1 · Cubase 7.0.5 (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 5.2 GB
DVD 2 · HALion Sonic SE Content (ISO Image) Mac & Windows · 3.4 GB

I am going to install this first and then the update and test it. If its all good will then apply my HSO and see how I get on. All very tedious! Thanks for the input though guys.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
no support?
You realise Guillermo who was trying to help you in your other thread is from Steinberg??
Official email support can be a bit slow but as he is helping you here it seems rather unfair to say there is no support.
Cubase License Issues? SE3/Halion Orechestra

Quote:
there are no links for it
Check your email for receipt/account details and then go here....it says downloads so I guess that's where you'll find it.
https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/shop?mode=depot

Quote:
I then open Cubase and go to update my plugins. Attached are the 2 screens of the Problem.
I would strongly advise never hit the update plugin information button. Just restart Cubase to scan plugs on start.
The 2nd screen shows an error that you do not have a valid licence for Halion Sonic which could be perfectly correct as you didn't mention purchasing this.
Old 17th October 2013
Hey,

1) Yeah I do realise he is from Steinberg but the original email sent to them has never been acknowledged or answered. Poor in my opinion. I am effectively £85 quid out of pocket at the minute and still have no SE Grand 3. Like i say I do appreciate he has helped but its sporadic and I don't think thats good enough. I wouldn't accept it from any other company either if I spent that money and something was not correct. What if I was not on this forum? Who would be helping then?

2) There really is no link in my account or email. I have searched and asked Steinberg but no reply. That was 4 days ago.

3) Good advice thanks. However before the updates I had been hitting this button and no problem. However i shall heed your warning. Your correct I do not have a license but this is part of the problem. This was something that was installed as part of the software and now the trial has run out. I do not wish to buy it but neither do I want the pop ups on start up or when clicking various tasks in Cubase. It should be much more straight forward to remove aspects of the programme that get pre installed if you decide you don't want them. I have followed all the Steinberg pages advice to the letter about removing expired licenses, updating the e-licence etc but it all just seems like a real hassle. I just feel that you should be able to go into a menu in Cubase and decline the trial and it should automatically remove or suspend all of those aspects for you.

Anyway....
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

There's one law in software - buy or die.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search