Damn
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

All I need to know is when can I give you my $$$
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

oh no he di-int!
Old 17th October 2013
I can't say how excited I am for this. VTM has changed my mixing life, VBC has been very useful, trigger has spared me hoooouuuuurrrrsss!

I'm curious how they've acheived zero latency? Anyone get that bit of info at AES?
Old 17th October 2013
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

they sure know how to make money :D
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

awww man

Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

i would much prefer that each piece be a single plug
Old 17th October 2013
RiF
Lives for gear

I love channel strips. And this one beats them all in terms of usability.
Damn, I did hold myself back from Slate Digital for a long time but if it sounds like it's advertised, I am pretty sure that they got me (unless the thing is $499+).
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedigitalgod View Post
i would much prefer that each piece be a single plug
Just load one unit into each instance...

I'm glad it's in this format. EQ and compression are so closely related that it's much easier tweaking it all on a channel strip.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Exactly what I've been wanting. A Slate strip. Love the fact that VCC will be able to go in there.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
ETA?
I love all the slate plugins but eta is always an issue lol!
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Addict

Slate Virtual Mix Rack

Slate Digital - AES Preview - Virtual Mix Rack
Old 17th October 2013
Here for the gear

Wow! Can't wait to try it.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

It looks pretty awesome, now let's see how long it takes before it's available! heh
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Steven,

I have a question. Does this plugin make VCC redundant in some ways? Because of the fact that these also model the analog circuitry.

Meaning, if I open the SSL EQ emulation in this new product and keep the knobs set to flat, will that give the same sound as the similar VCC emulation?
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

That's awesome, especially the VCC integration.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiF View Post
I love channel strips. And this one beats them all in terms of usability.
Damn, I did hold myself back from Slate Digital for a long time but if it sounds like it's advertised, I am pretty sure that they got me (unless the thing is $499+).
Even at that price it may be worth it! No it will be worth it, why?

Because if this rack sound as good as Uad stuff, it could change everything!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

Just got the email on this as well. After my short Slate rant regarding the AAX delay, I can humbly say I'm intrigued by this.

We've all been waiting for a Slate EQ emulation for a bit. Hopefully it's as stellar as his previous offerings.

Looking forward to trying it out, and hearing feedback from those who see it at AES.
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Looks awesome, good thing I didn't pay my waves wup fees for pro tools 11. These will be replacing them, hopefully they are very cpu friendly.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I got the feeling they may be aware that the extended pre release thing is wearing thin..

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens a bit quicker this time.

Looks very cool.. Guess we'll see how it pans out..

Well done Slate Digital, they really are establishing themselves at the forefront of audio software innovation..

I'd love a hook up to review for my blog! You reading this Steven?

Well played guys.. Great idea, wonder if other developers will write compatible modules? That would be awesome too..

Zz.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

I got the feeling they may be aware that the extended pre release thing is wearing thin..

I wouldn't be surprised if it happens a bit quicker this time.

Looks very cool.. Guess we'll see how it pans out..

Well done Slate Digital, they really are establishing themselves at the forefront of audio software innovation..

I'd love a hook up to review for my blog! You reading this Steven?

Well played guys.. Great idea, wonder if other developers will write compatible modules? That would be awesome too..

Zz.
Old 17th October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogo_c View Post
ETA?
Kidding, right?!
Old 17th October 2013
Myr
Gear Addict

With this I can mix almost entirely with Slate plugins. Will be nice selling away my other stuff.
Old 17th October 2013
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Steven,

I have a question. Does this plugin make VCC redundant in some ways? Because of the fact that these also model the analog circuitry.

Meaning, if I open the SSL EQ emulation in this new product and keep the knobs set to flat, will that give the same sound as the similar VCC emulation?
+1 ............Very good question!

Answer please?
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear

In the video Steven specifically says the VCC will be updated to work in the VMR rack. I think it's safe to say that means this plug-in does not make VCC redundant.
Old 17th October 2013
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
Steven,

The equalizer circuits in the consoles are another tonal addition to the overall sound of the console channel. But the equalizer circuit itself does not replace the tone of the actual line path of the console channel, so no it will not be redundant. And certainly the VCC Mixbuss plugin is essential to replicate the artifacts that occur in the console center section.

What is important about the equalizer is the nonlinear generation that happens beyond just the filter curve. On these two equalizers, this is quite audible to me when you compare it to a model that does not have nonlinear addition to the algorithm. To put it in sound terms, there is a musical depth and 3D life that happens when the harmonics are dynamically modeled. To my ears, when comparing the VMR EQ's to some of the plugins that model just the curves, the latter sound a bit clinical and clean. Now, that does not mean they sound bad, because they don't. But there is a clear difference between such a plugin and the real analog counterpart. When you replicate all the intricate distortions and nonlinears, there is certainly an added vibe that I find sonically appealing in my music.

I think the flexibility and versatility of the VMR can make you mix a lot more creatively. I love being able to quickly audition between the different filter modules or even combine filter modules to create a 'franken-eq' as I do in the video. And of course, the speed of using the VMR on the RAVEN MTi seems to recreate the classic processor tweaking experience, but much more conveniently.

Thanks very much for this warm reception of this plugin. I do realize that we have a reputation for long waits between announcements and releases, but I don't think this will be the case for VMR.

Cheers,
Steven
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search