The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonJack View Post
If it's not in Beta stage - three months minimum...
I predict an ironic, poetic July 4th release
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

It's a little comical that people are criticizing Slate for announcing a bunch of new projects when they can't finish the ones they've already announced and Steve comes on here and talks about the VMS instead of the VMR.

Not really important, but funny nonetheless.

Go get em, Steve. I'll give it an honest demo.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trukstop View Post
FREE Eventide Ultra Channel Plug-in Until July 8th With

Here's the Eventide link kaboom75 is referring to. Good stuff!
"UltraChannel is available as a free download through midnight July 8, 2014, after which it will cost $249."

Wouldn't this work for VMR too?

But I see what our Steven is doing, he wants us to choose between the World Cup and VMR!
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
"UltraChannel is available as a free download through midnight July 8, 2014, after which it will cost $249."

Wouldn't this work for VMR too?
Hehe, maybe when VMR is 8 years old as well...
Old 10th June 2014
SEB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonJack View Post
If it's not in Beta stage - three months minimum...
Yup, I think you are very close in your guessing concerning the VMR. VTM is still in public beta and has been for a while with major bugs.
This "weeks away" on the 8th of may was really only announced for potential buyers of the new UAD 1073 (announced 9th of May), but they`ve been summer sale shopping it for $99 anyway....

I`ll let this thread get some rest, it will be out when it`s ready,
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEB View Post
This "weeks away" on the 8th of may was really only announced for potential buyers of the new UAD 1073 (announced 9th of May), but they`ve been summer sale shopping it for $99 anyway....
The beta cycle can last 1 or 2 weeks. If the plugin is well coded, it can go really fast.

And about the new UAD 1073, it's NOT on sale this summer. It has not been released long enough for that. And in general, their last released plugin is not part of the sales.
Old 10th June 2014
SEB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
The beta cycle can last 1 or 2 weeks. If the plugin is well coded, it can go really fast.

And about the new UAD 1073, it's NOT on sale this summer. It has not been released long enough for that. And in general, their last released plugin is not part of the sales.
I can swear it was $99 the first day of sale, cause I bought it just 4 days prior to the sale and thought "[email protected]!" -But anyway.... this is the -73 to beat in the se-world.
Btw it looks as if the Slate version is missing the Mic input side of things which is sounds pretty damn fine on the UAD even without using the Apollo
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I can swear it was $99 the first day of sale
Maybe it's because you owned the legacy versions prior to purchasing.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TranscendingM View Post
I predict an ironic, poetic July 4th release

For those purchasing a boxed version, it could include a little plastic USA flag.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Steven's Late
Old 10th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Apparently the beta cycle at sLate digital can last forever, the VTM update is STILL a public beta on the downloads page and has been for months.
Old 10th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Aaaaaaaaand...

Ladies and Gentlemen, are you ready for another round of:

Hit the Slaaaate!!!

Old 10th June 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

VTM might still say public beta but it is 99.9% functional as far as I can see from our support team. And the fact that it is eight times less CPU intensive says something about my code team.

We're working hard to provide the best quality tools for you all. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
VTM might still say public beta but it is 99.9% functional as far as I can see from our support team
Really.....didn't work for me to the extent I had to immediately roll back.....I'll have to try it again and send a ticket if it's the same.

EDIT: Apologies it was actually the last release version that didn't work for me, the public beta seems good so far.
Old 10th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

What issues are people experiencing with VTM? It works fine here with Logic X.
Old 10th June 2014
Lives for gear

When will the low latency switch be added to VTM?
Old 10th June 2014
SEB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
What issues are people experiencing with VTM? It works fine here with Logic X.
Public Beta VTM: In Nuendo 6.5 OSX the gui vanishes, it crashes, and I`ve learned during my time with Slate plugins you better not use the VST3-versions I`m a afraid. Especially if you love to use the VMB.
I had to stop using the VCC due to unstability - sometimes a project would load, sometimes not. Much the same problems in Win7.

The release version of the VTM has been very stable.

For me the most stable program ever from Slate and the Gang is actually Trigger 2. It has never caused a crash ever!

Looking forward to the new version of the limiter.
Old 10th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
When will the low latency switch be added to VTM?
Is one planed or announced ? Would be happy about one, even with some latency (128 or 256 or so).
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Much the same problems in Win7.
Works fine on my Mac.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
Is one planed or announced ? Would be happy about one, even with some latency (128 or 256 or so).
Slate said months ago a low latency mode would be added. I'm not sure what that would do to the sound quality though.

Anyone tried a reverb plugin in-between VTM & FG-MU woarrr
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
Slate said months ago a low latency mode would be added. I'm not sure what that would do to the sound quality though.
The latest word is that there won't be a low latency mode.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Latency is needed since VTM is a causal system.
Old 11th June 2014
SEB
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseface View Post
Works fine on my Mac.
Impressive if you`re on Cubendo 7.5/6.5 Mavericks. Both the vst2 and vst3 in beta 1.1.3.2 crashes my daw after some dialling around even in an empty project.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Where did you read that?
Old 11th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
Any update that has a latency of less than a year would be acceptable.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotsirc View Post
Steven's Late
lol isn't that the truth.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Steven explained how VTM's latency couldn't be reduced because of the way the incoming and outgoing signals interact. It's just inherent to the coding.
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Steven explained how VTM's latency couldn't be reduced because of the way the incoming and outgoing signals interact. It's just inherent to the coding.
Yes, Ashley said somewhere that similar to a spring reverb the way the signal will be affected partly depends on the signal that passed through it the moment before.
Old 11th June 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Hi guys.

It's funny, I did a lot of records on tape machines, and then about ten thousand hours of recording drum samples on tape machines, and I was always able to overcome the latency which btw, is the exact same latency on the VTM. I've explained before that there are mechanical responses that take time in a real tape machine, and Fabrice found that in order to reproduce the physics of what was happening, latency was necessary.

Now, what I have said in the past was that we certainly could create a no latency mode that would compromise the authentic tape tone as minimally as possible.

But here is the deal. Look at all the Slate threads. Everyone wants everything... NOW! They want VMR. They want FG-X 2.0. They want VCC 2.0. They want VMS. They want VBC Mono. So think of this.. if I put coders on the VTM no latency mode, then what do I compromise, because I'll have to take them OFF another job. Should I take them off FG-X 2? Not if I want to walk the streets without fear of getting slaughtered.

And I get it.. we've made some announcements and promises, and we've been really crappy at keeping those promises, and people get frustrated. I can't really make excuses about these things. The issue is quite straightforward: it's just the ratio of 'stuff' vs manpower. Right now we have way more of the 'stuff' than we do the manpower. We lost two coders this year which didn't help.

But the good news is that we're a determined bunch. We're pushing through the problems, we're hiring fresh talent, we're only drinking alcohol on days that end with 'y', and we're motivated to put out the best products we can.

So I appreciate the support, I appreciate the patience, and I'm sorry to anyone who is upset about the long wait. But it will be worth it in the end.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
But here is the deal. Look at all the Slate threads. Everyone wants everything... NOW! They want VMR. They want FG-X 2.0. They want VCC 2.0. They want VMS. They want VBC Mono. So think of this.. if I put coders on the VTM no latency mode, then what do I compromise, because I'll have to take them OFF another job. Should I take them off FG-X 2? Not if I want to walk the streets without fear of getting slaughtered.
I dont have need for the latency mode of VTM. I just want VMR and VCC! Also I would like to change my Sonnox Limiter to FG-X!
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search