The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
VCC has an output knob, and you can link the input and output like you do in VTM which is an entirely different type (and musical) saturation than just using the drive.

We continue to work on the finalizing of VMR. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Steven
I'm almost afraid to ask but is there any kind of ETA for this update? Months is an acceptable answer. A few weeks would be even better if you can hit it.

Will this be a standalone update or part of VMR? Free or paid?
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm almost afraid to ask but is there any kind of ETA for this update? Months is an acceptable answer. A few weeks would be even better if you can hit it.

Will this be a standalone update or part of VMR? Free or paid?
My guess is that we will see it out in fall. Hopefully Im wrong though.
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Of which year?

Zz.
Old 4th June 2014
Lives for gear

Of which year?

Zz.
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

Can we have a pic of a small section of the secret module just for fun guessing what it will be. I bet it something tube related.

ready when it's ready
Old 5th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
Can we have a pic of a small section of the secret module just for fun guessing what it will be.
Old 5th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metrik View Post
Nice 1
Old 5th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Epic!
Old 5th June 2014
First, we had analog. Then we had digital. Then digital emulations of analog...

Now, we have analog emulations of digital... Emulations.

... Sit behind a 1000+ track tape machine that has hardware components of plugins that were emulating... hardware.

Game-changer.
Warmth.
Experience that digital bliss, on hardware.
The Slate DEHD (Digital Emulating Hardware Desk)
... Never touch another digital knob again, grab a hardware knob emulating a digital knob..

It's so confusing, even we don't know what it is...
Old 5th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

That's right. Treasure your days! We now live in the era that will be known as "vintage analogue digital". All the plug-ins you buy today will be worth billions in 20 years from now - billions!

Old 5th June 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
That's right. Treasure your days! We now live in the era that will be known as "vintage analogue digital". All the plug-ins you buy today will be worth billions in 20 years from now - billions!

and with the rate of inflation you'll be earning Billions per hour, though the house you just bought will cost thousands of trillions
Old 5th June 2014
Gear Head

Change of topic, and unsolicited suggestion:

My absolute dream EQ is a 31102 with two mid bands. I would love for that to be a VMR module at some point, or for the Hi-Q buttons and adjustable high shelf to be added to the FG-N in a future update. Either one of those two things would be amazing. That is almost a 1081, but there is just something special about the sound and the curves and the more limited "make it work" frequency selection of the 1073/31102.

In the meantime, I am just too excited for this plug to finally release. Go figure I am just today finishing up a full album mix for a client, thinking to myself that VMR and VCC 2.0 and FGX 2.0 will all release this Friday or next. (That's exactly what happened with me when VBC was about to come out; just finished up my biggest project for the year and then 3 days later... So close...)
Old 5th June 2014
Gear Nut
Looking like Slate is betting on a Summer release, the latest Sweetwater catalog I got in the mail yesterday lists it for sale.
Old 5th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:

Brilliant.

Thing is, Steve Slate could probably actually sell it.
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Brilliant.

Thing is, Steve Slate could probably actually sell it.
Steven could sell sand in Sahara
Old 6th June 2014
Gear Addict

where is the plugin ????????????????????????????????

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha

I WANT NOW GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Old 6th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Jesus. A serious case of Slateritis...
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
Steven could sell sand in Sahara
Yeah, but his sand would take deserts to the next level. It would put the texture of real, authentic, vintage sand in the hands of the average home cactus owner. And it would definitely be hailed as a major Game Changer (TM) before anyone had ever seen it.

Welcome to the future of deserts...the VSP (Virtual Sand Pile).
Old 6th June 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

I am glad you said "Sand" pile, not "S***" pile.
Old 6th June 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Steven Slate 2013 Customer Holiday Newsletter?
FG-X is being completely rewritten and recoded. It will have an even better algorithm that will be more effortless to get results, easier to use, and it will do its job better. It will be a free update for all users. I plan to have it by early March, and I assure you it will be amazing. I know many of you will be upset about this delay, but please note that I am still actively hiring new developers to help speed it up, so there is a chance it can come sooner. It is an extremely complex code structure and unfortunately, it takes a lot of advanced code knowledge to do it properly.

Well, I wasn't upset but now I am. March, April, May, June...

I just mastered my latest track by using NI Passive EQ, TDR Feedback Compressor II and A.O.M. Invisible Limiter instead of FG-X. Don't get me wrong: I like FG-X a lot, but after trying A.O.M. (with 16x oversampling) I bought it immediately (1-year licence but I think I will upgrade to "Lifetime").

New FG-X has to be really amazing that I would replace my current mastering plugin chain with it.
Old 6th June 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
Jesus. A serious case of Slateritis...
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4R10 View Post
Steven Slate 2013 Customer Holiday Newsletter?
FG-X is being completely rewritten and recoded. It will have an even better algorithm that will be more effortless to get results, easier to use, and it will do its job better. It will be a free update for all users. I plan to have it by early March, and I assure you it will be amazing. I know many of you will be upset about this delay, but please note that I am still actively hiring new developers to help speed it up, so there is a chance it can come sooner. It is an extremely complex code structure and unfortunately, it takes a lot of advanced code knowledge to do it properly.

Well, I wasn't upset but now I am. March, April, May, June...

I just mastered my latest track by using NI Passive EQ, TDR Feedback Compressor II and A.O.M. Invisible Limiter instead of FG-X. Don't get me wrong: I like FG-X a lot, but after trying A.O.M. (with 16x oversampling) I bought it immediately (1-year licence but I think I will upgrade to "Lifetime").

New FG-X has to be really amazing that I would replace my current mastering plugin chain with it.
Try this. I think it gives FG-X a run for its money:

Limiter ?6 | vladg/sound
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsBot View Post
Try this. I think it gives FG-X a run for its money:

Limiter ?6 | vladg/sound
He's got the right idea. AOM Invisible Limiter SLAYS.
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thermos View Post
He's got the right idea. AOM Invisible Limiter SLAYS.
Tried AOM and respectfully disagree. But I'll give it another shot if demo is possible. Can't remember how that demo works. Hope Slate gets the VMR going soon
Old 6th June 2014
Quote:
Tried AOM and respectfully disagree. But I'll give it another shot if demo is possible. Can't remember how that demo works.
I think the AOM IL demo cuts out periodically. It's the most annoying way of crippling a demo. But I find it a superb limiter.
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Tried AOM and respectfully disagree. But I'll give it another shot if demo is possible. Can't remember how that demo works. Hope Slate gets the VMR going soon
I find that FGX works fantastic for punchy stuff and this guy is more for delicate acoustic work. (IMHO)
I like them both and although the Slate wins most shootouts the AOM does beat it sometimes. If I could have only one I would go for the Slate but the AOM is definitely worth having
Old 6th June 2014
Lives for gear

I don't know about you guys but I couldn't run a single instance of fgx - i7 quad core
Old 7th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
I don't know about you guys but I couldn't run a single instance of fgx - i7 quad core
Really? I've got the same processor and I ran it. It was, no doubt, a CPU hog. I've always liked FabFilter ProL considerably better (less audible distortion) and that recent huge FabFilter sale suited me just right.
I'll try the "new" FG-X though if it ever comes out and sounds better/is CPU-reasonable.
Old 7th June 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogma View Post
Depends what else is going on in your session, I guess.

Since I used it for mastering, I only had the stereo wav in the session, usually going through a chain that was something like PRO-Q -> API 2500 -> CLARIPHONIC -> FG-X and I ran it just fine (running on a AMD Phenom II 110T BE, which is a 3.2ghz six core).
Old 7th June 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyneBoxx View Post
Since I used it for mastering, I only had the stereo wave in the session, usually going through a chain that was something like PRO-Q -> API 2500 -> CLARIPHONIC -> FG-X
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search