The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 10th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Nope. I think it's a really cool module. I'll give this hint.. I mastered a few songs for a band and then a month later I used this secret 5th module on their master and sent it to them to see if they dug it. Well.. they made me remaster all the other tunes using the effect!

Cheers,
Steven
Stereo image widener?
Old 10th May 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

yes. bluestripe and la3a are a must!
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I think it's a really cool module. I'll give this hint.. I mastered a few songs for a band and then a month later I used this secret 5th module on their master and sent it to them to see if they dug it. Well.. they made me remaster all the other tunes using the effect!

Cheers,
Steven
Is it the VPP module? That's the Virtual Producer Plugin, where Fabrice has accurately modelled every circuit in the brains of 5 top producers, including saturation and enhanced modes, where appropriate . (Said producers have been let back into the wild relatively unharmed, with no memory of the event, just a slight hangover).
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll give this hint.. I mastered a few songs for a band and then a month later I used this secret 5th module on their master and sent it to them to see if they dug it. Well.. they made me remaster all the other tunes using the effect!
Slate Clariphonic?
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Head

Do I get VMR for free if I guess it right? I'm sure it's some kind of transient tool. But of course, it's Fabrice's super algorithm that enhances the transients in the master track. Transients are one of the most important things in your mix.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yup. And then we're launching the future of microphones. Cuz everyone needs a C12 and U47 in their mic locker.

Cheers,
Steven
Where is the elicencer alternative to Ilok?
XILS offers both options.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Compressor:

LA-2A
LA-3A
DBX160
Tubetech CL1B
Neve 2254

EQ:

Neve 1081
Neve 31002/31105
Neve 88RS
API 550A
Pultec EQP-1A
Great River Harrison 32C
SSL 9000J
Trident A-Range
Curve Bender
Manley Massive Passive

VCC:

Neve 88RS
Neve 8068/8078
Harrison 4032
SSL 9000J
SSL 4000E
Trident A-Range
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
EQ:

Curve Bender
Manley Massive Passive
These 2 would be more suited for something like the "VBE (Virtual Bus Equalizers)", IMHO.

Quote:
VCC:

Neve 8068/8078
SSL 4000E
Trident A-Range
Well, the VCC already offers Neve, SSL and Trident consoles, so it will be better to add something new like an EMI TG12345 for instance.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
These 2 would be more suited for something like the "VBE (Virtual Bus Equalizers)", IMHO.

Well, the VCC already offers Neve, SSL and Trident consoles, so it will be better to add something new like an EMI TG12345 for instance.
But Waves has already done that and does this console even exist in LA?

Currently there are not very clean consoles in VCC like 9K and Neve 88RS. 4kE was coming out at some point and probably will be out soon...Trident A Range is much better than Trident 80B.
Old 10th May 2014
I think its worth noting that unless its officially sanctioned I dont think most developers will do a distressor, api 2500 or any unit currently in production...
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Head
Or maybe just made mk2 versions of them with more up to date simulation? I would use only the API and Neve (without the huge low end) versions ... But a new better version of the 4000e would be cool too...
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
But Waves has already done that and does this console even exist in LA?
Sure, but I could say the same about your compressors and equalizers list, most were modeled by waves, or Softube, or Universal Audio...

And knowing the quality of Slate Digital modeling, I'd prefer to get their model instead of Waves.

About the location, no need for it to be in LA. As I understood, Fabrice and Steven have a set of reference files they created that they run through the consoles. And maybe they need to take some measures here and there, but it's doable even if the console is not in LA.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Sure, but I could say the same about your compressors and equalizers list, most were modeled by waves, or Softube, or Universal Audio...
I knew you would say this, but the Waves version of TG is already really good. I dont have anything against if Steven would model it too though.

If Steven would concentrate to stuff what is not already been modelled, the list would be quite short...

I have understood that all the consoles they have modelled, have been in LA.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I knew you would say this, but the Waves version of TG is already really good. I dont have anything against if Steven would model it too though.

If Steven would concentrate to stuff what is not already been modelled, the list would be quite short...

I have understood that all the consoles they have modelled, have been in LA.
Yes I agree.

Didn't know about that, well, we'll see what he'll come up with .
Old 10th May 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Compressor:

LA-2A
LA-3A
DBX160
Tubetech CL1B
Neve 2254

EQ:

Neve 1081
Neve 31002/31105
Neve 88RS
API 550A
Pultec EQP-1A
Great River Harrison 32C
SSL 9000J
Trident A-Range
Curve Bender
Manley Massive Passive

VCC:

Neve 88RS
Neve 8068/8078
Harrison 4032
SSL 9000J
SSL 4000E
Trident A-Range
Universal Audio - Analog and Digital Audio Products and Plug-Ins
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Slate Digital > Universal Audio
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Slate Digital > Universal Audio
Happy user of both here, but what exactly are you comparing?

UAD's console emu's and drum replacement software or Slate's game changing 1176 and 1073 that no ones heard?

They're pretty apples and oranges at this point.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Happy user of both here, but what exactly are you comparing?
Im UAD user too, but my point was based to quality-price ratio. If there is a native solution available at much cheaper price and quality is the same or better, of course I choose the latter.
Old 10th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im UAD user too, but my point was based to quality-price ratio. If there is a native solution available at much cheaper price and quality is the same or better, of course I choose the latter.
Me too. And I would love for the VMR to be at the level of the UAD MKII stuff. I hope it is since UAD DSP is expensive and I'd like to save it for the heavy lifting.
But at this point, they don't have that much crossover. Slate only has a few plugins out (and I've got em all).
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Compressor:

LA-2A
LA-3A
DBX160
Tubetech CL1B
Neve 2254

EQ:

Neve 1081
Neve 31002/31105
Neve 88RS
API 550A
Pultec EQP-1A
Great River Harrison 32C
SSL 9000J
Trident A-Range
Curve Bender
Manley Massive Passive

VCC:

Neve 88RS
Neve 8068/8078
Harrison 4032
SSL 9000J
SSL 4000E
Trident A-Range
That would be a good beginning
Old 10th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I think its worth noting that unless its officially sanctioned I dont think most developers will do a distressor, api 2500 or any unit currently in production...
Agreed, and it's not very Slate-ish to do that sort of thing.
Old 10th May 2014
Gear Head

Quote:
Compressor:

LA-2A
LA-3A
DBX160
Tubetech CL1B
Neve 2254

EQ:

Neve 1081
Neve 31002/31105
Neve 88RS
API 550A
Pultec EQP-1A
Great River Harrison 32C
SSL 9000J
Trident A-Range
Curve Bender
Manley Massive Passive

VCC:

Neve 88RS
Neve 8068/8078
Harrison 4032
SSL 9000J
SSL 4000E
Trident A-Range
Can't forget that EMI console!
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
Ah, good point. Well, it can be "inspired by." A rose by another other name...

Maybe my 2500 suggestion was a poor choice. The units I've had my hands on sounded pretty clean. Not much transformer goodness to model, maybe? Or is there?

Also, I didn't realize the 2500 was still in production! That's awesome.
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

While we're throwing out unsolicited ideas... Since VCC appears to be headed towards VMR and there is an SSL and Neve EQ, I'd like Slate to 'round out' the VCC channels. API, Trident and some funky cool RCA tube EQ then the corresponding channel comps (where applicable) SSL dynamics, 525, etc..
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick2630 View Post
That would be a good beginning
Thank you Sir! Seems that I forgot Rupert Neve though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan Moran View Post
Can't forget that EMI console!
Much love around for "Abbey Road" and "The Dark Side of the Moon"
Old 11th May 2014
Gear Head
Oh yeah maan! the 5088 would be great so
Old 11th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gila View Post
Oh yeah maan! the 5088 would be great so
+1
Old 11th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'll give this hint.. I mastered a few songs for a band and then a month later I used this secret 5th module on their master and sent it to them to see if they dug it. Well.. they made me remaster all the other tunes using the effect!

Cheers,
Steven
Is it green?
Old 11th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Steven will the FG-N also feature an emulation of the mic pre? I have just heard some comparison clips of the UAD version and the mic pre emulation really has a nice widening effect and sound to it which sounds different from the line input emulation.
Old 11th May 2014
Brb
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearOnGuitar View Post
Steven will the FG-N also feature an emulation of the mic pre? I have just heard some comparison clips of the UAD version and the mic pre emulation really has a nice widening effect and sound to it which sounds different from the line input emulation.
The neve mic pre is gonna be in the vms
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search