The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalcide View Post
I'd vote for an API 2500 module.

Fantastic as Waves' emulation is, it'd be nice to have another take on it.
THIS! !!!!

I would kill a man for this slate version 2500. So Steven, post the persons name here and I'll take care of it.

I will say I'm a little sad about the no "all buttons in feature" on the 1176, as I was hoping to completely move away from the wave CLA76 in the future but it is a feature that I use in almost every mix somewhere. I'll keep an eye on this other module you speak of which includes harder compression characteristics.
Old 7th May 2014
Brb
Gear Addict

More api, ssl, and neve gear please
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear
If FG-116 = Urei 1176...

What is the FG-401???
Old 7th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
What happens if you add a fifth plugin to the rack does it scale to fit all five at once or does it get a scroll bar?
Nevermind just seen slate demo it again it scales to fit all five on
Thats good. I thought you have to buy another rack to fit the 5th module.
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Steven, arent you worried that if you keep modeling all these hardware units, soon all the radio hits will sound too analog?
Old 7th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Yes API please...I think you need and probably will model the EQs and comps off the console emulations from VCC as to make it a complete experience.
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

Pultec EQ Wanted
I'm guessing a deesser is the fifth module for VMR.
Old 7th May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beau_mckee View Post
THIS! !!!!

I would kill a man for this slate version 2500. So Steven, post the persons name here and I'll take care of it.
+1
Old 7th May 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pultec EQ Wanted
A great deesser would be highly appreciated.
Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Pultec EQ Wanted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
And I like that idea about the pultec
Old 8th May 2014
Gear Maniac

How about creating a "boutique" line of plugins for VMR. Does everyone really need yet another Pultec emu? What about modeling a DW Fern, or a Retro STA, or Pendulum Audio or a Millennia? Not many of those out there and you'd be one of the first.
Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by audiosphinx View Post
How about creating a "boutique" line of plugins for VMR. Does everyone really need yet another Pultec emu? What about modeling a DW Fern, or a Retro STA, or Pendulum Audio or a Millennia? Not many of those out there and you'd be one of the first.
Everything needs to be done by Slate because these products are just better than others
Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Who's in if I open a kickstart to reveal the 5th module? haha
Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mho View Post
A great deesser would be highly appreciated.
My guess is a gate. Either one would be very useful.
Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

The UAD Neve seems to receive a lot of positive buzz. Soon it's our time to strike back!
Old 8th May 2014
I have just received an email from Slate with this :

WHY DO YOU WANT ALL MY MONEY !!!!!!!!!?????????

Old 8th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
The UAD Neve seems to receive a lot of positive buzz. Soon it's our time to strike back!
Ha! Slate is way ahead of you. Just got a "it's coming soon" VRM email from Slate... right after the UAD Announcement

That is good marketing
Old 8th May 2014
Here for the gear

There's a note in the mail about the upcoming update for VCC as well : VCC 2, is it going to be a paid upgrade ?
Old 9th May 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
I have just received an email from Slate with this :

I received that email too... and I think I just got aroused...
Old 9th May 2014
what about the secret bonus module?
Old 9th May 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
what about the secret bonus module?
"AND ONE MORE THING... Before we release the VMR Mix Bundle of Four Modules, we're gonna release the VMR Rack for FREE, and it will come with a surprise FREE MODULE that might just be the coolest and most useful mix and mastering processor we've done yet. Stay tuned.."
Old 9th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Amazing news! Let's hope we get to listen to some sound samples soon.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Wow that's cheap. I'm in.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

I'm glad I didn't jump on the Scheps73 just yet. Will purchase within 5 minutes of notification of release.
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
Ha! Slate is way ahead of you. Just got a "it's coming soon" VRM email from Slate... right after the UAD Announcement

That is good marketing
Yes since VMR is still about six weeks out according to what steven said here earlier
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

How long is the intro price going to last. That's the price of one pro plugin right there. Normally so much hype about slate plugins I have the money ready a year before it's downloadable from the shop
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Will there be rtas support or will it just be aax, au and vst. many of us old timers have not made the jump to aax. I for example have access to a pt hd6 tdm rig so I have been ok on dsp horse power for some time now.

I hope there will be an rtas version at least.

ej
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

4 plugins, 2 EQs, 2 compressors, zero latency and low CPU...I'm sold. Right after I demo them on a few mixes!
Old 9th May 2014
Lives for gear

Hilarious "yeah well ours is coming....like, super soon, you guys" email right after the UAD 1073 is released.
Old 9th May 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

There will be RTAS support included as well. I'm very near the point where I will not only post samples, but I'll post A/B's verse the hardware too.

Also, it should be noted that the Intel processor in the expensive Mac or PC that you bought is EXTREMELY powerful. I mean like, REALLY powerful. Surely more so than old DSP chip technology found on expensive accelerator cards. Thats why process intensive plugins will be very limited on DSP cards, but with the VMR, I can run 100 FG-N modules without breaking a sweat.

Ok, let's cut the BS.. We all know what I'm referring to, and let me say this: I have the utmost respect for any company in this business including UA, Waves, Softube, IK, etc and mean no disrespect... but in this rather challenging economic climate for audio engineers, it is important for me to show the utmost respect for your wallets and therefore, these matters deserve to be discussed openly.

I nearly got stoned to death by my own company for wanting to charge $149 intro price for all four of these processors, but judging by the reaction thus far, it appears to be the right decision.

Cheers,
Steven
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search