The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 3rd May 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
Slate would like his products out at a certain quarter of a certain year. When he actually gets it out to the shop is when he feels it's finished and good enough there's no clock or calendar you can buy to measure this.

All software is like this. Only business owners with no common sense thinks things can be done within a certain time frame.
Except Pro Tools
Old 3rd May 2014
Lives for gear

They haven't announced it yet but looks like the much anticipated UAD 1073 MKII is gonna bust out soon.

If Slate can get the VMR out, we can check the UAD, Slate and IK versions against one another. I already like the IK version though and every MKII UAD plug has been absolutely killer.

It'll be interesting to see how the Unison thing affects Apollo owners (myself included) choice. The 610 emulation with the Unison thing is pretty impressive.

If someone can equal them, I'll happily offload as much of my UAD DSP as I can to Native land. Save the UAD DSP for the heavy lifting.

Let the best emulation win.

http://www.uaudio.com/twin?utm_sourc..._campaign=Twin
Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_04_04 View Post
I own guitar rig and just recently found out they split off transient master into it own plugin. I never got a download link or email from them. I emailed them and they immediately sent me the information to my account so I could download it and have the info in my service center. The transient master is absolutely brilliant as a standalone plugin.

What other plugs did they break off into their own from guitar rig? I only got transient master. I own komplete 8.

Back on subject, I also hope the plugs are sold individually.
Yes, I hope they can be instantiated as individual plugins (like VBC does now) -- I care less how they're sold / bundled. If VBC didn't allow each to be broken out, I'd be cool with that, as there's no add-on and it's a short rack. What I'm not a fan of is being required to buy new plugins that only work in a shell of another product.

As for the plugins that were freed from Guitar Rig: The vintage compressor collection (developed for NI by Softube) and the Solid Mix Series collection (developed by Cool Stuff Labs) and Transient Master (not sure who developed that for NI, or if they did it in-house).

Btw, the Solid Mix Series' Bus Comp is an underrated gem, imho.
Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear

While you guys are getting all hyped up about whats coming platinum mixers are using q10 and cla-76 for their ssl/1074 and 1176 flavours
Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelironsteel View Post
While you guys are getting all hyped up about whats coming platinum mixers are using q10 and cla-76 for their ssl/1074 and 1176 flavours
Good for them!
Old 4th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
And when they were getting hyped up about q10 and CLA76, the platinum mixers before them were using DigiEQ and BF76.

So....cool?
Old 5th May 2014
Lives for gear

5 weeks to go
Old 5th May 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
5 weeks to go
????
Old 5th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
And when they were getting hyped up about q10 and CLA76, the platinum mixers before them were using DigiEQ and BF76.

So....cool?
And they are still using them and you are buying the hardware they use to get closer to their sound
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
And they are still using them and you are buying the hardware they use to get closer to their sound
You must know something about my purchase habits that I don't.
I haven't been buying any hardware to emulate anyone.

Maybe our wires are just crossed but I don't understand what you're getting at.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
What about the samples Steven?
Steeeeeeeveeeeeeeeen, Steven, Steven, Steeeeeeeveeeeeeeen....

Dont let your followers down as this famous middle-eastern gent who took and left
Old 6th May 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

We're still hard at work an on the last schedule I gave. You guys will enjoy this.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 6th May 2014

We're still hard at work an on the last schedule I gave. You guys will enjoy this.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 6th May 2014
"Perfection is worth waiting for" - love the slogan...
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
"Perfection is worth waiting for" - love the slogan...
Looking forward the SSL EQ, IK's Neve is already so good...
Old 6th May 2014

What, you mean this?

The VMR is just a few weeks away. It contains Fabrice Gabriel designed authentic analog algorithms, unique features like mix knobs on the compressors and extra functionality on the eqs, a secret 5th module, will be extremely CPU efficient, will come with loads of video tutorials and tricks, will enhance workflow by having multiple processors in one GUI, will have comparisons against the hardware, and best of all... It's gonna be insanely affordable!

Back to work for us....

Cheers,
Steven
Old 6th May 2014
Quote:
Looking forward the SSL EQ, IK's Neve is already so good...
Totally agree with you!
Old 6th May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
What, you mean this?
yep

An homage to the Gearslutz community!
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
What, you mean this?
I should have written better. I meant that the Neve from IK is already so good that Im looking more forward your SSL version that the much talked Neve.

EDIT: Seems that I messed your reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
yep

An homage to the Gearslutz community!
You mean only Gearslutz are impatient?
Old 6th May 2014

We'll have comparisons with several Neve 1073 hardware units, several plugin competitors, and the FG-N in the VMR. I'm confident that the FG-N's sound will speak for itself. I've A/B'd it about several thousand times and Fabrice and I have tweaked it to perfection.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Insanely affordable? What's that I'm saving up for it would be nice to have peace of mind if I new the price.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaboom75 View Post
Insanely affordable? What's that I'm saving up for it would be nice to have peace of mind if I new the price.
I thought that the price is 200 bucks and 249 later?
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought that the price is 200 bucks and 249 later?
Thanks that sounds good prob take me another three months though. u-he Bazille synth might get in the way of it.
Old 6th May 2014
Here for the gear

Lightbulb off the meters?

Hey Steven! you could give more attention on the meters too, the new VTM and VBC doesn't have that smooth feel that is expected. Make the meters "analog modelled" too!
Old 6th May 2014
Gear Maniac

Damn!!! Time to save some money lol

I own deluxe SSD4 VCC VTM and VBC
Will be great to have a special affordable price for regular customers.
Old 6th May 2014
Quote:
What, you mean this?

The VMR is just a few weeks away. It contains Fabrice Gabriel designed authentic analog algorithms, unique features like mix knobs on the compressors and extra functionality on the eqs, a secret 5th module, will be extremely CPU efficient, will come with loads of video tutorials and tricks, will enhance workflow by having multiple processors in one GUI, will have comparisons against the hardware, and best of all... It's gonna be insanely affordable!

Back to work for us....

Cheers,
Steven
Hi Steve,

I own VCC, VBC, and VTM - will there be any loyalty discounts for VMR?
Old 6th May 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Quote:
What, you mean this?

Back to work for us....

Cheers,
Steven
Nice!!! FG-2A?
Old 6th May 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equiv_Exchange View Post
Hi Steve,

I own VCC, VBC, and VTM - will there be any loyalty discounts for VMR?
I own VCC, VBC, VTM and FG-X. "5th for free" would be nice discount.
Old 6th May 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
What, you mean this?

Back to work for us....

Cheers,
Steven
Great !

On a side note, the thumbnails on the left for the 2 compressors are wrong. They show the old layouts...
Old 7th May 2014
Lives for gear

What happens if you add a fifth plugin to the rack does it scale to fit all five at once or does it get a scroll bar?
Nevermind just seen slate demo it again it scales to fit all five on
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search