The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mini-Dan View Post
Wake me up when its ready.

Hey, this could be the sixth console on the VCC!

Slate can borrow it, it seems that this guy doesn't need it any longer.
Old 18th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrythave View Post
Hey, this could be the sixth console on the VCC!

Slate can borrow it, it seems that this guy doesn't need it any longer.
Well, another Neve might not be too bad!
Old 18th March 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by doom64 View Post
The poor/cheap/impatient man buys twice. When you buy with Slate you buy once and get quality results from the start.

Waves recently put out their second Neve EQ clone. How come they didn't get it right with the first one? To me, that's shady.

UAD put out mk II versions of their old plugins. How come they didn't get it right the first time? "DSP and CPU power wasn't as great back then." Sorry but that's a lousy excuse...if it didn't 95-100% emulate the sound then it shouldn't have been released.

I respect a company that upgrades their software for better sound quality when it's a free release. Recabinet does it and IK Multimedia has done it many times over the years. That shows a level of respect and loyalty to customers who have already given them their money.

I can't/won't respect a company that failed to properly model a plugin on the first go around and then charges for the incompetence. When I have to fix a mix that has something that is objectively wrong I don't charge my clients extra money...I fix it for no charge because *I* screwed up.
Technology changes. Our ability to model things has gotten better than it was 10 years ago. You don't have to accept that, but it's true.

Also.. those old analog boxes probably varied more from unit to unit than an emulation varies from another emulation. You can put two different 1176's or LA2A's together and they'll be different... let alone the fact that there were different revisions of each unit.
Old 18th March 2014
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
Well, another Neve might not be too bad!
BCM 10 So I can put that across a few tracks and pretend I have a sidecar.
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Mayday mayday !!!
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Old 21st March 2014
Gear Addict
Quote:
Hah!

"Where are the samples?"

"I'm only running at 44/16."
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Nut

I think we can safely rename this product the Slate Vapourware Mix Rack.

Is it just me but all the Slate threads contain great promises of delivery and then anticipation followed by disappointment. I was looking with interest at the Raven but that stil has empty promises of supporting other Daws years after it was released.

Imagine how much more successful Mr Slate's business could be if he delivered on his promises?
Old 21st March 2014
Gear Head

Where is this thing? Any ETA?

Looks rad, especially with the VCC at the top...
Old 21st March 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahamsimmonds View Post
I think we can safely rename this product the Slate Vapourware Mix Rack.

Is it just me but all the Slate threads contain great promises of delivery and then anticipation followed by disappointment. I was looking with interest at the Raven but that stil has empty promises of supporting other Daws years after it was released.

Imagine how much more successful Mr Slate's business could be if he delivered on his promises?
Since you asked: it's just you. And btw, Raven hasn't been out for years, the big one was reviewed in SoS May 2013 (pre production unit, the small one came out even later).
Old 21st March 2014
Here for the gear

Still waiting

Ya I think I will wait for this to come out anD see what people think of it first it better be good taking this long to come out I thought they said Jan. Guess I will just use Nebula Pro, liquidmix, and Waves. I have to many plugs anyway
Old 21st March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminaie View Post
Where is this thing? Any ETA?
Somewhere in the labs of Steven. I guess nobody really knows the eta. Probably it's safe to throw at least another month until its out...
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

It'll be out when it's out.
Old 22nd March 2014
Gear Addict

My money is on a September release
Old 22nd March 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Finalizing the last algos so that we can continue guaranteeing that what you hear is the absolute most authentic reproduction of the analog circuits that is possible. Release should be quite soon now.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Finalizing the last algos so that we can continue guaranteeing that what you hear is the absolute most authentic reproduction of the analog circuits that is possible. Release should be quite soon now.

Cheers,
Steven
Good.

Hope you had a good time at Abbey Road Studios. I hope we'll see some EMI console in VCC/VMR in the future.

That said, any hint about the fifth module ?

And will VCC integration in VMR be effective by the time it's released ?
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Good.

Hope you had a good time at Abbey Road Studios. I hope we'll see some EMI console in VCC/VMR in the future.
I thought they were at AIR?
Old 22nd March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I thought they were at AIR?
He visited Abbey Road too. Don't know if it was personal of for work, but he was there some days ago.
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

When is it realistic to expect some kind of samples?
Old 24th March 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

GS talk, 203 million years ago:

"I just checked my mail. Apparently, all updates will be online next week."

Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post

That said, any hint about the fifth module ?
Old 24th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
GS talk, 203 million years ago:

"I just checked my mail. Apparently, all updates will be online next week."

203 million years later Slate VMR has been discovered...

Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

This has probably been covered already, is the fet compressor modelled off blue or black?
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Head

FET from Slate Dragon imho
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonJack View Post
FET from Slate Dragon imho
If that is the case, I suppose Steven doesnt want to make it as good as the hardware!
Old 25th March 2014
Gear Head

He makes it different, but with sonic characteristic of FET comps. Like Dragon.
Old 25th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonJack View Post
He makes it different, but with sonic characteristic of FET comps. Like Dragon.
Sure sure, I was just trying to poke some fun
Old 26th March 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

I'm testing the newest version of the FG-116 FET compressor today to see if it is green-lit. Fabrice said this is one of the most challenging algos he's ever coded. The release constants on the 1176 are very very complex. Everything else algo wise is done, and then there is a matter of debugging a few things in the rack before going to beta... then release!

Cheers,
Steven
Old 26th March 2014
Here for the gear

Steven I am literally BAGGING you to put all of those 4 Plugins for seperate sale. I only need a proper EQ and i just googled Slate Digital Neve EQ and came across the VMR and OMG i wanted to buy the Waves Scheps 73 EQ but if you are telling me that the EQs will be open for buying them seperately I would just wait for that to be happening and buy them instead. Slate Digital is making the best plugins and a Neve EQ from slate is INSANE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Old 26th March 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropDee View Post
Steven I am literally BAGGING you to put all of those 4 Plugins for seperate sale. I only need a proper EQ and i just googled Slate Digital Neve EQ and came across the VMR and OMG i wanted to buy the Waves Scheps 73 EQ but if you are telling me that the EQs will be open for buying them seperately I would just wait for that to be happening and buy them instead. Slate Digital is making the best plugins and a Neve EQ from slate is INSANE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
Ya know bagging people is illegal in most states
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search