The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 13th February 2014
Here for the gear

Wooh can I get a Craig David 'rewind'.

So there will be variable attack and release for every "circuit" now?

And your fixed preset idea is just going to be selectable in the drop down preset menu?
Old 13th February 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

Distressor?? Im crying.
Old 13th February 2014
Lives for gear

If I understand right, the EQs are ready?
Old 13th February 2014
Lives for gear

Distressor would be insane!!!
Old 13th February 2014
Will it have a La3a?
Old 14th February 2014
how much will additional modules run? I'm hoping $49 or so
Old 14th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mho View Post
Distressor?? Im crying.
Be still my heart
Old 14th February 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickNagurka View Post
Be still my heart
A distressor mate! Now hold me tight.
Old 14th February 2014
RE: previously slate-unmodeled thingy

...API!!!
Old 15th February 2014
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Ivers View Post
...API!!!
And after the standards, a KushAudio-Tonelux-Combination EQ would be interesting
Old 15th February 2014
Lives for gear

Would love a great la3a plug. Very underrated comp....
Old 15th February 2014
Here for the gear
Forget the extra surprise module, I think everyone would be happy to just get their paws on the first 4!

Is there a realistic release date for this yet?
(I know, I know...)
Old 15th February 2014
Here for the gear

When will this be released

I wonder how this will compare to the mcdsp 6020 eq / mcdsp 6030 which is also a 500 series stlye. Has anyone tried them? If so is it any good? I am trying to wait on the Slate VMR, but I would really like to start using my pro tools 11, but i dont like to use just the stock avid plugins. So in the meantime I am currently using my Cubase 7 to do all my mixes / production.
Old 15th February 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Making good ground. FG-401 comp officially done today and algorithm signed off. I have two distinctly different circuit paths one modeling a very desirable mix compressor that can get nice and aggressive and the other a custom circuit that is very focused and natural, a custom transformer emulation (which can be turned ON or OFF) that adds great depth and dare I say warmth, fully variable attack and release, and I'm gonna have a boatload of awesome presets.

On to finish the FG-116 which is gonna NAIL the sound of the American FET compressor with every little nuance including the very distinct transformer harmonics and timing. We're very close.

EQ's are done and we'll do some audio demos to show how far they NULL with the real things. Using these eq's alone on a mix will bring out some nice vibe and clarity from the subtle harmonics and nonlinearities alone.

The 'secret module' is really cool. It's gonna do things no other plugin or hardware piece can do, and it's gonna be in the initial VMR rack as well. Algo is done, finalizing GUI, then we implement that one.

And yes, we have dedicated guys working on the final legacy AAX porting, with VTM out next followed by VCC and FG-X. This porting process is happening simultaneous to the new development.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 15th February 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

Thx for the update Steven! The mix compressor is kinda SSL channel comp?
Old 16th February 2014
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Making good ground. FG-401 comp officially done today and algorithm signed off. I have two distinctly different circuit paths one modeling a very desirable mix compressor that can get nice and aggressive and the other a custom circuit that is very focused and natural, a custom transformer emulation (which can be turned ON or OFF) that adds great depth and dare I say warmth, fully variable attack and release, and I'm gonna have a boatload of awesome presets.

On to finish the FG-116 which is gonna NAIL the sound of the American FET compressor with every little nuance including the very distinct transformer harmonics and timing. We're very close.

EQ's are done and we'll do some audio demos to show how far they NULL with the real things. Using these eq's alone on a mix will bring out some nice vibe and clarity from the subtle harmonics and nonlinearities alone.

The 'secret module' is really cool. It's gonna do things no other plugin or hardware piece can do, and it's gonna be in the initial VMR rack as well. Algo is done, finalizing GUI, then we implement that one.

And yes, we have dedicated guys working on the final legacy AAX porting, with VTM out next followed by VCC and FG-X. This porting process is happening simultaneous to the new development.

Cheers,
Steven
Good to hear it's progressing, Steven.
Do you have a rough timeline for completion?
Have several mix projects coming up and wondering which I might get to use VMR on...very happy VTM user, and just itching to get my hands on the EQs in this. If they do for EQ what VTM does for tape, they'll no doubt become invaluable tools.
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
EQ's are done and we'll do some audio demos to show how far they NULL with the real things
Oh my, are they that similar!?
Imo this type of marketing is aimed at amateurs and gearnerds.

For the working producer/engineer among us we just wanna try it and use it if it's good..
Oh my it is groundbreaking, it is magic, the algorithmes are better then anything we have ever heard..
I'm sure you will sell alot with these ridiculousness claims.
But there are still us who only care how it sounds....
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vulture View Post

For the working producer/engineer among us we just wanna try it and use it if it's good..
Oh my it is groundbreaking, it is magic, the algorithmes are better then anything we have ever heard..
Yeah but that type of marketing, the great price point and the quality of Slate Digital products is exactly what makes them so successful. I've said it before and I'll say it again Steve follows the "Book Yourself Solid" method to a T! :-)

As far as your claim of "ridiculous claims"...have your heard his drum samples? If you've listened to any commercial radio station in the past 7 or so years you have. Have you heard Fabrice's products before he teamed up with Steven?
Old 16th February 2014
Really really hope the last module will be the LPF one.
One of the most important thing i do in mixes is lpf with some high boost (hpf generally done while recording).

Hope you'll put different kind of slope for mixing, and maybe a moog filter for the fun?
Maybe add the simple option of a fixed high boost before like a 10k helios?
Would be sooooooo cool! And very very useful!
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
After the SSL EQ, it would be good time to release the E desk
Old 16th February 2014
Gear Nut

So, another week to nail the 2nd compressor, sounds like testing has been done, out in two weeks.

I get the feeling this is shaping up to be an epic plugin.
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevi View Post
After the SSL EQ, it would be good time to release the E desk
Yep, some EMI stuff would be awesome !
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj.metissage View Post
Yep, some EMI stuff would be awesome !
In the beginning of 2013 Steven said that the SSL 4000E console would be coming out.
Old 16th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
In the beginning of 2013 Steven said that the SSL 4000E console would be coming out.
My bad I thought you were talking EMI.

Misread you. Sorry won't back you up this time. I wish for EMI more .
Old 17th February 2014
Gear Addict

Quote:
I dunno about y'all but I think if you're gonna do another SSL a 9k would be pretty dope!
Old 18th February 2014
Dgr
Gear Nut
Hi Steven - are you guys still working on FG-X 64 bit or has that been put aside for the time being? While I have FG-X working in Logic Pro X via 32 Lives, I read that you guys were recoding it, so I'm eager to see how it turns out, thanks
Old 18th February 2014
Deleted User
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vulture View Post

Hmmm...... trying to remember the familiar form of the name "Richard"...... ah, yes. Got it!
Old 18th February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted User View Post
Hmmm...... trying to remember the familiar form of the name "Richard"...... ah, yes. Got it!
Rich? Richy? Rick¿ ...ooohhhhhhh
Old 18th February 2014
Gear Head

All these incremental updates only further wet my appetite for the VMR!
Old 20th February 2014
Gear Addict

Ok, I have decided to hold my breath untill vmr is out!
Beginning in 3,2,1...
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search