The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
AES-NYC: Slate Digital Previews the VIRTUAL MIX RACK
Old 23rd January 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tui View Post
You forgot to mention FG-X, which is almost bug-free and 64-bit on Mac - for about a year and a half.
What for you guys "almost" is, is for my ears pure fun. (and I run around in recording studio's since 1981 and know what analogue means - the good and the bad sides)

You know one of the great side effects since the release of the Slate/Fabrice products is the fact that Waves and UAD produce new products with a more analogue vibe in them too!
That's a benefit where even the Slate dislikers can take advantage of!

It's all about recording good songs and having fun. Now gimme more fun, Slate and release the VMR in January... please?
Old 24th January 2014
Deleted 19064ac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pucks View Post
It's all about recording good songs and having fun.
Exactly!
Old 27th January 2014
Gear Addict

No love for this "old" product in NAMM?
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicnest View Post
No love for this "old" product in NAMM?
Dude, the VMR as an idea is soooo 2013 Q4...
Old 27th January 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Still fixing a few bugs and working on the American FET compressor. When we release this, it will be accompanied by many A/B tests with hardware, so until it is indistinguishable, our job is not complete. I hope you all understand.

I'd estimate another three to four weeks.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Slate View Post
Still fixing a few bugs and working on the American FET compressor. When we release this, it will be accompanied by many A/B tests with hardware, so until it is indistinguishable, our job is not complete. I hope you all understand.

Cheers,
Steven
Hey Steve, please email me sound clips if I can lend my ears. Seriously!
Old 27th January 2014
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
Thanks for letting us know Steve. I'm liking this new trend of devs keeping us updated product development!
Old 27th January 2014
Tui
Gear Guru

Yeah, it makes you feel so much better when you can read about "forthcoming" updates, year after year.
Old 27th January 2014
I wonder if Im going to get to use FG-X any time soon...wonder if that will be before 2 new products are released...
Old 27th January 2014
Gear Addict

Steven, can you tell me (us) something about the ASIO Power consumption (sorta CPU usage) of the plugins? Is it somewhere in the realms of VBC (which have an awesome sound/cpu-usage ratio !!) ?
Old 27th January 2014
Slate Pro Audio / Slate Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I wonder if Im going to get to use FG-X any time soon...wonder if that will be before 2 new products are released...
I'm sick in bed working on the FG-X update right now. It's a significant upgrade of the algorithm, GUI, and obviously specs. I appreciate your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dappolito View Post
Steven, can you tell me (us) something about the ASIO Power consumption (sorta CPU usage) of the plugins? Is it somewhere in the realms of VBC (which have an awesome sound/cpu-usage ratio !!) ?
Can't quite say just yet, but we are working hard on a no audio compromise optimization.

I'll also finally get to posting some sound examples.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 27th January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm sick in bed working on the FG-X update right now. It's a significant upgrade of the algorithm, GUI, and obviously specs. I appreciate your patience.

Can't quite say just yet, but we are working hard on a no audio compromise optimization.

Cheers,
Steven
Keep up the great work Steven !

I hope you'll tease some info about the "secret" module to be added by the time it's released.
Old 28th January 2014
Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
I'm pretty excited about the fgx update. Steven, are you guys still planning on splitting off the compressor from fgx into its own plugin? I know you've talked about it a long time ago. Sort if like the VBC.. Where you have it as one solid plugin or 3 different ones... Just curious.
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear

I'm pretty excited about the Virtual Mix Rack update.
Old 30th January 2014
Lives for gear
Thumbs up

Quote:

Cheers,
Steven
If you can be the first to get that awesome 1176 harmonic distortion in the high end right, I will be blown away. I've tried them all. They try to emulate the excitement, but neglect that cool bite 1176's have.

Compression must be tough to program. I still rely on my vintage outboard on crutial tracks because I find that most digi compressers don't sit in the mix like the analog stuff. Most people compare digi to analog with a solo'd track. But the real magic is how it sits in a mix.

I do have faith in you and your team though. Your other products are outstanding. I'm really excited for the VMR. I want those SSL, neve eq and compressors.
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP View Post
If you can be the first to get that awesome 1176 harmonic distortion in the high end right, I will be blown away. I've tried them all. They try to emulate the excitement, but neglect that cool bite 1176's have.

Compression must be tough to program. I still rely on my vintage outboard on crutial tracks because I find that most digi compressers don't sit in the mix like the analog stuff. Most people compare digi to analog with a solo'd track. But the real magic is how it sits in a mix.

I do have faith in you and your team though. Your other products are outstanding. I'm really excited for the VMR. I want those SSL, neve eq and compressors.

Just curious, you tried the MKII UAD 1176s?
Old 31st January 2014
Gear Addict

looking forward to this stuff

Hopefully the vcc "click" bug wil be fixed too (with the brit-N setting.. (and in less agressive way in the api setting)
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
Just curious, you tried the MKII UAD 1176s?
I heard the mk I uad 1176 and found it was not even close. They have a MK II?
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

I hope that in the future I can rely only very much to Slate plugins
Old 31st January 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVP View Post
I heard the mk I uad 1176 and found it was not even close. They have a MK II?
They have 3 MKIIs, in a bundle. Rev A, Rev E and Rev AE.
They're very good. All the UAD MKII stuff has more signal path modeling going on. Eats up more CPU but sounds a lot more like hardware.
I still use my HW 1176 for a lot of stuff but the MKII emulations are definitely in the ballpark.
Old 2nd February 2014
Lives for gear

In the future I want modules like:

Howie's Pultec
API 550A
Harrison 32C
Neve 88RS
Tubetech CL1B

And of course Manley Massive Passive
Old 3rd February 2014
Gear Addict

Will the VBC compressors be available as rack modules, too ?

And it would be quite cool to have the new AIR EQ as module as well

Does an empty rack use ASIO Power? Other offerings do so for some reason...
Old 3rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWAN808 View Post
I bet my life - then Steven definitely will release it in Jan
Are you still living?
Old 3rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragan View Post
They have 3 MKIIs, in a bundle. Rev A, Rev E and Rev AE.
They're very good. All the UAD MKII stuff has more signal path modeling going on. Eats up more CPU but sounds a lot more like hardware.
I still use my HW 1176 for a lot of stuff but the MKII emulations are definitely in the ballpark.
I just got my second mkll the revised Fairchild. Thats a bad ass compressor! Owning the mkll 1176 bundle I must say they are the best plugin compressors on the market!

If Steven compressors can come close I'd be very impressed!!!!
Old 3rd February 2014
Gear Addict

Cmon!!!!! Just release this now
Old 3rd February 2014
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by classictunz View Post
Are you still living?
Steven aint animal friendly
Old 6th February 2014
Mho
Lives for gear

No please! Release it when it sounds great, no hurrys!
Old 6th February 2014
Lives for gear

I'm so excited for this. I love the VBC.
Old 6th February 2014
Here for the gear

Hyped for this!
Fingers crossed for a February release!
Old 7th February 2014
Gear Addict

Hi Steven.
Is the VMR in Beta yet?
Topic:
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search