The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
RME HDSPe PCIe MADI card
Old 17th October 2013
RME HDSPe PCIe MADI card

Hi guys,

Question; bought a HDSPe PCIe MADI card (so not the PCI version and not the FX version). I still have to install it though. On the website I read 128 channel and 1 made I/O. Am I correct to asume that you can't actually use the optical and bnc inputs at the same time (or mix 64 channels from both inputs)?

Thanx,
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

You can not use the two madi inputs simultaneously, as the driver can only address 64 inputs. As with most digital audio protocols however, both outputs will mirror the output of the selected primary input protocol. This primary input is set within the driver dialog box.

Sent from my GT-I9100
Old 18th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Studios View Post
You can not use the two madi inputs simultaneously, as the driver can only address 64 inputs. As with most digital audio protocols however, both outputs will mirror the output of the selected primary input protocol. This primary input is set within the driver dialog box.
It's been a while since I read the RME MADI manuals, but this sounds correct. (another RME example: ADI-8 DS mirrors it's analogue outputs as well.)

There is a redundancy check feature on the RME ADI-648 (MADI to ADAT format converter) " A fully automatic input selection between optical and coaxial input offers a useful redundancy mode"

I can't remember if there is that feature on the inputs of the RME HDSP or HDSPe MADI card series. (Someone might be able to refresh our memories...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT5 View Post
I read 128 channel and 1 made I/O. Am I correct to asume that you can't actually use the optical and bnc inputs at the same time (or mix 64 channels from both inputs)?
I believe what RME is indicating with 128 channel is 64 channel full duplex. Both directions at the same time (in/out).
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search