The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Interest of Maschine sequencer vs DAW ?
Old 17th October 2013
Gear Maniac

Interest of Maschine sequencer vs DAW ?

Just questioning myself before the Maschine 2.0 release :

I may miss something since years, but i still wonder if there's any reason to use the internal sequencer of the Maschine, while, as a lot of us do i guess, i only use Maschine inside my DAW (currently Cubase) ?

When you work on a song with all the other parts (voices, guitars, synths whatever) being in Cubase tracks, having the drums elsewhere, invisible, is always nightmarish to me.

As times goes, even the other parts of the software (sampler, fx...) appear useless to me and the only reason i still load the Maschine software is because using the hardware as a midi controller only doesn't work perfectly well (pads don't always work as expected, integration is never perfect, roll doesn't work, etc).

Help me if i'm wrong.
Old 17th October 2013
Lives for gear
I don't have Maschine yet, but ill be getting studio.

So I'm speaking from tutorials I've seen and my vision is how i plan to use it. Ill also be using it as a VST only.

I think you hit most of the items. I personally plan to do a lot of creative automation writing with it. And the integration is what I'm mostly after. So, that's why ill be sequencing the drums in the vst sequencer and not my daw sequencer. Also... I want to be able to utilize the screens.

That's really it, at least for me. We'll see if that changes

Sent from my SGH-T999
Old 17th October 2013
I tend to use Maschine as a stand alone idea generator. I use it to lay down essentially a demo as a I write, and then bring a track into Cubase to finish out. What's interesting is I don't actually use it as a VST to do this, unless I used maschine samples in the track. I export the midi to tracks in Cubase. I love the controller, and I find the software very flexible for writing.
Old 18th October 2013
Lives for gear

I am more or less like Iostream. I find it is very limited in use as a plugin and very inefficient for my workflow as a plug in. But as standalone, man I love it.. then I just export my groups as audio files in Cubendo and finish of my projects in there.
rsp
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search