The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Using the pencil tool in PT9
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

Using the pencil tool in PT9

Not sure if I'm totally missing something or what. Here's the deal. Let's say I'm using the pencil tool to write a midi pitch bend on a single note. I write it, but at the point the pitch bend ends, the pitch stays where the bend ended for the remainder of the track. I then have to select everything after the bend and bring it back up to zero, which sometimes can be nearly impossible. If I were to highlight that note and move the cursor to the top of the region, I could lower and raise the pitch of only the selected area. Is there a way to accomplish this using the pencil tool to write a pitch bend? The same principles applys to using the pencil tool in volume automation. If there isn't a way, is there a way to quickly snap back the pitch of the rest of the track to zero without everytime selecting it and painstakingly trying to find zero?

So frustrated right now!
Old 16th October 2013
Lives for gear

Generally I write my point of return in before I start editing.

Also, don't forget you can copy and paste automation breakpoints and midi. Just make sure you have a nominal value breakpoint somewhere. One that has a pitch bend value of 0 or a volume value of 0dB for example.
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar View Post
Generally I write my point of return in before I start editing.
Usually the way I get it back to zero is copy and pasting from earlier in the track. When you say you write your point of return before you start editing, what does that mean?
Old 16th October 2013
Gear Addict

aha! figured it out! much thanks for your help!!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search