The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Interactive Audio for Web
Old 16th October 2013
Here for the gear

Interactive Audio for Web

Let me bring you up to speed,

I'm a composer and I am working with students working on their final web design at a local media arts school to create a website for myself. Let's assume the the students are entry level to intermediate as far as web design goes (luckily the instructor has promised to assign me the most promising student)

at any rate, I write a lot of music for games, so I figure it would be fitting and would help set me apart if I had some cool interactivity. When I was in college I became familiar with Max MSP, however it's not designed for web integration. What I would really like to find is something that is to say Dreamweaver, what Wwise is to UDK. However, I don't know if such a thing exists. I spoke to an instructor from my alma mater (different school from the one I'm working with) and he suggested using Max to create a template for the developer to program it into HTML5, however I don't know if A) the students will have that in depth knowledge of the code (they're graphic design students) or B) it will give me the amount of freedom I want to get creative with the interactivity.

Please give me your thoughts and suggestions on the matter, hopefully I can find a decent solution.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search