The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Help!
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Addict

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Help!

Hello guys i have a AVID PRO TOOLS MBOX MINI and ive been lookin to replace it with focusrite scarlett 2i2. The question is are these cards similiar and would i gain a better performance from scarlett on vocals and guitars (they say the preamps are good on scarlett) also im having latency issues on both guitars and vocals with avid..
And i can only use it via asio4all in ableton maybe that causes the latency problem?(i cant select avid mbox as a input in ableton gives an error) Anyways if you can answer my questions i would be really grateful
I use pc btw
Old 15th October 2013

Regarding The spec of the 2i2, it looks decent. Good headroom, available mic pre gain, and noise spec.

Direct monitoring option will help eliminate monitoring latency
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

Sounds like a driver issue. Make sure you have the latest drivers for the MBox installed; Ableton evidently can't see it. I've used both interfaces and can't say that the Focusrite's sound would be a huge step up...
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Addict

Hi there,

Just speaking from experience. I own an MBox Mini and sometimes you have to restart your DAW for it to see it if you connect the mbox after you opened your daw. Also, the conversion in the mbox mini isn't THAT bad, the Focusrite would be a small step up, but the pres in the Mbox mini suck so the Scarlett wins there and it can go up to 24-bit, 96k mbox only goes up to 24-bit, 48k.
Old 20th October 2013
Gear Addict

Thanks for the answers any other suggestions in this price range ?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search