The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Waves RS56 Love!
Old 15th October 2013
Waves RS56 Love!

First time in a loooong while that a plugin really got me excited.

It is the first EQ plugin where I simply find it does not only do a certain job, but it actually SOUNDS REALLY NICE. I tried it on some lead guitars, overheads / cymbals, bass drum, and I just love what I get.

I was really looking into a lot of EQs recently, I wanted to limit myself to only one or two EQ plugins as my go-to tools. I have NI Solid EQ included in Komplete 8 Ultimate, so that is a stayer anyway. Apart from that, I looked into Equilibrium, Pro-Q and SonEQ Pro as demos, and could pick up RS56 and a lot of other Waves plugins (EQs and others) in the classifieds here as part of a big plugin package someone sold.

Verdict heh:

1. Waves Q10 is my absolute favourite for surgical stuff, nothing beats it there, not even Equilibrium or Pro-Q. Just an extremely sharp scalpel. Keeper.

2. NO OTHER EQ sounds so natural, pleasing, instantly nice and what I would like to call "effortless" as the RS56. I tried it on high gain lead guitars, cymbals and bass drum so far, and it just sounds good in a way that none of the other EQs I tried does. It really is not just a tool, but it makes the source SOUND NICE. Have not had it in a plugin like this yet. Can't wait to continue using it on the project I am working on and put it on the vocals and clean guitars!

So, besides the Solid EQ which I keep anyway with Komplete 8 Ultimate, I will limit myself right now to Q10 for surgical stuff and the RS56 for "beauty". Together with the stock Cubase 7 EQs and the three band EQ in Sknote Stripbus (which is also quite good actually!) I think I am well equipped, and I know quickly what to pick for which purpose!

A heads up for the RS56!
Old 15th October 2013
+1000
Rs56 is now my go to "tone eq" to add warm and color to the source, but in my opinion I prefer Pro-Q for surgical settings. :thumbup::thumbup:
Old 15th October 2013
Gee
Lives for gear

I agree. It really sounds good!
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_HERALDO View Post
+1000
Rs56 is now my go to "tone eq" to add warm and color to the source, but in my opinion I prefer Pro-Q for surgical settings. :thumbup::thumbup:
you said it all ....

Great production : Rs56

Good/med Production : Rs56 + Surgical Eq
Old 15th October 2013
Deleted 19064ac
I have it on my master bus for m/s. True masterpiece!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search