The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Saving Maschine Samples - WAV?
Old 12th October 2013
Gear Addict

Saving Maschine Samples - WAV?

I recently purchased a Maschine Mikro 2 and just learning to navigate around and about.

It seems that when I load in a break beat and then cut it up to make individual kick, snr, hat etc samples that when I then save that as a group it codes the samples to the maschine format and not as WAV files.

Therefore if at a later date I simply wanted to import the kick I cut out of break and drop it directly into my DAW as a WAV file, I can't.

Am I missing something here or is this just how maschine works with samples?

I don't like the idea of spending time sampling to be forever locked into the maschine format if somewhere down the track I want to use something else, or as I mentioned want to use the samples as WAV files directly imported into my DAW.

Would love to hear your thoughts....
Old 13th October 2013
Gear Addict

Anyone?
Old 13th October 2013
Hey man,

I'm pretty certain that it's not possible. Even though it may sound like a bit of a ball-ache, you could always play each sound individually in Maschine, and then export the one shots as audio.
Old 15th October 2013
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by everglass View Post
I recently purchased a Maschine Mikro 2 and just learning to navigate around and about.

It seems that when I load in a break beat and then cut it up to make individual kick, snr, hat etc samples that when I then save that as a group it codes the samples to the maschine format and not as WAV files.

Therefore if at a later date I simply wanted to import the kick I cut out of break and drop it directly into my DAW as a WAV file, I can't.

Am I missing something here or is this just how maschine works with samples?

I don't like the idea of spending time sampling to be forever locked into the maschine format if somewhere down the track I want to use something else, or as I mentioned want to use the samples as WAV files directly imported into my DAW.

Would love to hear your thoughts....
I would take a look at the manual if you haven't because you're mistaken about that. You're not locked in at all. You can save groups and include the audio (in wav format) with the group file that you can share and re-import.

You can also drag and drop audio or MIDI directly from Maschine into a DAW, as well as just export WAVs. Dragn/drop or export can be done by each separate sound/pad, each group, or master.
Old 31st December 2013
Here for the gear

Hi,

I just struggled with the same questions and I think I found a solution. If you save it as a group you can easily select "save with samples" and you get the samples from the group in a dedicated sample folder (the location of this folder depends on your user path in the preferences). However, if you only want to work with samples and not sounds or groups you need to use rights click in edit view of the respective sample to save it as a wav and not as a "sound" in Maschine format.

Anyway, I just figured out that it is definitely better to save the samples in a groups because with this method you can save the pattern as well and you get the sample folder on top (when "save with samples" is checked).

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search