The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
VST and AU wrapping in AAX 32- and 64-bit! PT 10 & 11 for $39
Old 14th July 2011
Lives for gear

Oh, this plugin looks delicious: DDMF MetaPlugin

Metaplugin is a plugin that loads other plugins. As simple as that. Build your own effect networks using any VST (and AU, if you're on Mac) effect you already have on your harddisk. To get you started, a Mid-Side matrix and a fourband crossover filter are included in the package. This means instant mid-side or multiband compression/distortion/reverb/... you name it. Metaplugin supports up to six individual channels for, e.g. surround or other multichannel purposes. The dry/wet ratio can be adjusted for each loaded plugin. Full plugin delay compensation is included. No additional CPU overhead is added. Honestly, we can't think of any reason not to own this baby! Available in Windows VST (32/64 bit) and Mac Universal Audio (VST and AU) format. As always, we strongly recommend to check out the demo version (settings not saved, but further fully functional) to see whether it fits your needs!

DDMF: VST plugins, AU plugins, audio software

What do you guys think?? I'm gonna be purchasing asap.
Show replies
Old 14th July 2011
Lives for gear

I haven't used this particular one, but DDMF makes great plugs in. I own all their equalizers.
Show replies
Old 14th July 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Mal View Post
I haven't used this particular one, but DDMF makes great plugs in. I own all their equalizers.
This one seems to a different beast. Imagine using soundtoys decapitator split into 6 bands :D
Show replies
Lives for gear

Oh, sure. I was just commenting on the high quality of the stuff he makes in a general sense.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirocco View Post
This one seems to a different beast. Imagine using soundtoys decapitator split into 6 bands :D
de la Mancha fr33some

3 bands for free. (windows)

They do a mono/stereo one that's paid. £20 I think.

This looks interesting though, thanks for the link.
Show replies
Lives for gear

Metaplugin is great stuff. I mainly use it for reverb.
Take two mono reverb one hard pan left and one right.
Set them a little bit different and you get stereo verb with no Mid information. ( A Dave Pensado trick i believe )

Anyways.
Lots of possibilities
Easy to use.
Work great in Reaper
Show replies
Old 14th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alxi View Post
Metaplugin is great stuff. I mainly use it for reverb.
Take two mono reverb one hard pan left and one right.
Set them a little bit different and you get stereo verb with no Mid information. ( A Dave Pensado trick i believe )

Anyways.
Lots of possibilities
Easy to use.
Work great in Reaper
Great idea. Funny thing. I just got the new update for EQ3 today. I'm going to pick up this plug today. I missed this one.

Sent from my PC36100 using Gearslutz.com App
Show replies
Old 20th September 2011 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I like that you can load several VSTi's on a single MIDI track with this Metaplugin!!
Show replies
Old 21st September 2011 | Show parent
Tui
Gear Guru

Wow. I just tried it... One of the three components wouldn't validate, and when I tried to load plugs inside the wrapper, Logic crashed - twice.
Show replies
Gear Nut

Yeah, the crossover doesn't validate, that's a bit annoying. Somehow auval doesn't understand its 2-in-8-out layout. But you can load it in Metaplugin without problems, so it's more of a cosmetical issue...
Strange with the crash though, I've had a similar report a few days ago, but everything works fine here with Logic 8 and 9. Which OSX and Logic versions are you using, if I may ask?
Show replies
Tui
Gear Guru

Latest versions of Snow Leopard and Logic.
Show replies
Old 31st May 2013
Lives for gear

I guess I'm a little late, but I just learned of Metaplugin today. I read that someone on the Acustica Audio forums is having success with it (combined w/ VST2RTAS) loading Nebula in Pro Tools.

Has anybody tried Metaplugin to wrap Eventide AU plugs (H3000 in particular) in a Mac VST host like Cubase? If so, I gotta' spend some money ASAP!
Show replies
Old 1st October 2013
Lives for gear

From the DDMF website:

"21st of September, 2013: Metaplugin is the first DDMF plugin that has been released in the new AAX format for ProTools! The rest of the DDMF line will follow over the next few weeks. With the AAX version of Metaplugin, ProTools users can now load VST and (if on a Mac) even Audio Units into ProTools. Metaplugin can be used as a simple wrapper, which suddenly makes the whole world of VST and AU plugins available for ProTools users, but that's only the beginning: create your own effects or instruments by wiring up your own audio processing graph on Metaplugin's intuitive interface. AAX plugins itself can not be loaded into Metaplugin, by the way (for legal reasons). "

Sweet! Anybody with PT 10 or 11 using MetaPlugin for VST plugin duties? $39 for VST wrapping into AAX sounds good by me.

Here's a link to MetaPlugin for more info: http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=3
Show replies
Old 1st October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlange View Post
From the DDMF website:

"21st of September, 2013: Metaplugin is the first DDMF plugin that has been released in the new AAX format for ProTools! The rest of the DDMF line will follow over the next few weeks. With the AAX version of Metaplugin, ProTools users can now load VST and (if on a Mac) even Audio Units into ProTools. Metaplugin can be used as a simple wrapper, which suddenly makes the whole world of VST and AU plugins available for ProTools users, but that's only the beginning: create your own effects or instruments by wiring up your own audio processing graph on Metaplugin's intuitive interface. AAX plugins itself can not be loaded into Metaplugin, by the way (for legal reasons). "

Sweet! Anybody with PT 10 or 11 using MetaPlugin for VST plugin duties? $39 for VST wrapping into AAX sounds good by me.

Here's a link to MetaPlugin for more info: DDMF: VST/AU/RTAS plugins, audio software
Wow, that's awesome!
Show replies
Old 1st October 2013
Lives for gear

I agree
Show replies
Old 1st October 2013
Lives for gear

VST and AU wrapping in AAX 32- and 64-bit! PT 10 & 11 for $39

MetaPlugin was just released supporting 32- and 64-bit AAX - thank you Christian! A real solution and it's only $39

Here's a link to MetaPlugin for more info: DDMF: VST/AU/RTAS plugins, audio software
Show replies
Old 1st October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Here's another thread over at the DUC with some insights:

Avid Pro Audio Community
Show replies
Old 2nd October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Demoed: Purchased.

So nice to see this after so many sycophantic Avid-heads insisted it could not/would not be done. Duende in PT11? Check. KORG and GFORCE synths in PT11? Check. $39? NO-BRAINER. Obviously still a few things to wait on. But, I can pretty much operate with autonomy in PT11 now.

Thanx to DDMF...
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySoul View Post
So nice to see this after so many sycophantic Avid-heads insisted it could not/would not be done.
When the developers (FXpansion & Sugar Bytes among them) were touting how wrapping wasn't allowed according the AAX licensing restrictions, I took it as fact. However, it appears a few have found work-arounds.

I, for one, love the 32- and 64-bit support.... We're still PTHD10, and this works today and sets a path for later when 11 gets employed here.
Show replies
Gee
Lives for gear

would be curious to know how it compares to Blue Cats MB7 Mixer (sonically and stability wise) I was just about to pull the trigger on that one for exactly that purpose (load up vst's plus this one does audio unit....)

hum decisions!
Show replies
Lives for gear

DDMF says no VST3 support currently, but it is planned. It's after 2013....
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
would be curious to know how it compares to Blue Cats MB7 Mixer (sonically and stability wise) I was just about to pull the trigger on that one for exactly that purpose (load up vst's plus this one does audio unit....)

hum decisions!
+1
Show replies
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

tried with Kontakt and PTHD11 workd great
Show replies
Old 2nd October 2013
Eeeeerrrrrrr.... could you liad Logic 9 stock plugins into Cubase that way??? Or are they a special "Logic-internal format" instead of AU?
Show replies
Old 2nd October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlopower View Post
Eeeeerrrrrrr.... could you liad Logic 9 stock plugins into Cubase that way??? Or are they a special "Logic-internal format" instead of AU?
It loads 3rd party AU's not the stock Logic plugs. (stock logic plugs are not bundled as individual 3rd party plugins!).
Show replies
Old 2nd October 2013
zLw
Gear Head
Take a look at this one too

VSTForx - Product Details
Show replies
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post

hum decisions!
Well, it's been like Christmas for me since around 2am PST. I purchased this last night and then set about seeing what would/wouldn't work. 1st, to address the above stated curiosity: I played with the BC MB7 last week. Good plug, even without the hosting capability. And sonically, just about the hosting, I see no immediate difference between them. But, in terms of what they actually are, DDMF have given me more what I hoped for. I just wanted a way to get my RTAS plugs into PT11. Everyone is so quick to talk about VST/AU stuff that I think some people misunderstood me. I don't even think, for the most part, about OTHER than RTAS plugs because I work exclusively in PT. So, my concern was just to be able to continue to use plugs that were already PT compatible. I have to come back, to consider, that most of my RTAS plugs have VST/AU counterparts. This only takes a millisecond, of course. It's just not my first thought.

But this plug, not unlike the RTAS to AAX wrapper I so hoped someone would make, does almost exactly what I wanted. Since most of the RTAS plugs I missed have VST/AU siblings, they're now available. AND, with the JBridgeM plug, 64 bit AND 32 bit. Of course, this DOES NOT come without some issues. SOME of the plugs I've tried HAVE NOT worked. Quite like you might find with the FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper, some plugs show a blacked-out GUI, rendering them unusable. Among these were Slate's VCC and FG-X. Some just won't respond when launched. But likewise, MANY of the plugs I tried have worked. My DUENDE Channelstrip is perfect. My KORG synths work great. D16's Lush 101? Check. Have to load the 64 bit versions of the GFORCE stuff. But I feel like they will work as well. I do run into a little bug where PT quits unexpectedly while actually quitting. I've seen this twice. I'll pay attention to what exactly it is I'm doing next time it happens.

So, is it perfect? No. BUT, it's a hell of a lot better than nothing. And I'm hopeful that it's performance can/will improve with time. I'll continue to report my findings. But for now, I feel great about this thing...
Show replies
Old 4th October 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

I purchased this plugin as well as j-bridge. Pretty much any plugin will load and operate just fine initially, but once you exit the session, when you try to re-enter it, it hangs and then crashes.

So you can look at it one of two ways:

1. It needs more development time
2. If you sit down to a mix, and you decide to use it, you are committed to finishing the mix THEN, and NEVER coming back to it
Show replies
Old 4th October 2013 | Show parent
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyneBoxx View Post
I purchased this plugin as well as j-bridge. Pretty much any plugin will load and operate just fine initially, but once you exit the session, when you try to re-enter it, it hangs and then crashes.

So you can look at it one of two ways:

1. It needs more development time
2. If you sit down to a mix, and you decide to use it, you are committed to finishing the mix THEN, and NEVER coming back to it
Well if correct, then that's unacceptable, to say the least.
Show replies
📝 Reply