The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
iOS 7 ?
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

iOS 7 ?

I was wondering if it's safe to download ios7 on my iPad ? I have loads of music apps, and I'm worried that all my apps and files will be deleted when I install a new OS ? I have read that some people are advising not to download right now, and hold on until later, any opinions on this ?

WB.
Old 20th September 2013
Gear Addict

It's safe as long as you back up everything and you don't mind your ios looking like Windows 8.
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by stgaudio View Post
It's safe as long as you back up everything and you don't mind your ios looking like Windows 8.
AAARRRGGGHHH! I won't bother then.......

WB
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

iOS 7 does bring multitasking to the platform (finally).
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

I have been running ios7 Beta for months now on my Iphone a few bugs but functionality wise pretty much fine. The bugs I have currently found are app specific like my favorite game Subway Surf keeps on having the notification through Itunes window pop up at the beginning. Though most my other apps have benn functioning fine.
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

The primary bug for iOS 7 users & audio applications right now is:

Alarms, Alerts and incoming facetime/phone calls/etc will cause many audio apps to mute and hang, meaning you need to close & restart them to regain audio (they don't unmute). Otherwise all is fine...
Old 20th September 2013
Lives for gear

There are problems with the way audio moves between apps. People who use their iPads for audio were advised by many developers to not update until the next rev.

About iOS 7 and Audio: Patience for Users... Inter-App Code for Developers - Create Digital Music
Old 20th September 2013
Gear Maniac

Pretty much everything's working just fine from what I'm hearing from those who updated. Apps that I've heard that do need to be fixed for iOS 7 compatibility are Traktor and BS-16i. I'm sticking to iOS 6 for a bit until the dust settles. Plus, most of the host apps still haven't been updated with Inter-App Audio implemented which is the main reason to update to iOS 7 for music anyway.
Old 21st September 2013
works OK here...
Old 21st September 2013
Lives for gear

Most of my iOS apps are seeing relatively quick updates for the new inter-app framework and the background/alert/alarm/phone call bug. NI is still out of commission, but I get the impression their iOS apps are handled by either outsourced work or devs that aren't on the iOS app development path full time (iMaschine I'm lookin at you kid...)
Old 21st September 2013
Lives for gear

I'm going to stick with 6 for the time being, as everything works, and I've only just got the i pad and spent a lot of time setting it up and learning apps etc. I don't want to potentially trash it now. I'll wait until the next update, and see what the feedback is. I don't use my pad for phone calls, so those those issues aren't a problem, but I'm still worried that loading in 7 will wipe my entire Pad, which would be a disaster.

WB.
Old 21st September 2013
Lives for gear

No it won't wipe anything, your fears are unfounded. You simply need enough space free to download and apply the update over the air (wifi/data) or do the update via iTunes when attached to a computer.
Old 22nd September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by valis View Post
No it won't wipe anything, your fears are unfounded. You simply need enough space free to download and apply the update over the air (wifi/data) or do the update via iTunes when attached to a computer.
Thanks, I think I have enough space, about 52 gig's free !
I might do it, I just hope all my music apps are compatible. Still scary though

WB.
Old 22nd September 2013
All swell on my iPhone 4. Love the new iOS!
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio View Post
Same experience here with 4s iPhone.
Love Control Centre and Multitasking controls.
Slick new look/feel to most things - winner
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixtree Audio View Post
The update's alright, but you can definitely see lag on the A4 chip.
Old 23rd September 2013
Lives for gear

I'm going to leave well alone, I'm going to get another I pad at some point, I guess it will come with 7 preloaded, or I'll just load it on that one. I don't want to risk anything right now, or slow down the system if 7 is more processor hungry.

WB.
Old 5th October 2013
Lives for gear

Downloaded ios7, so far seems OK, all my info is there, and my apps seem to work. Typing is a bit slow, not as responsive as it used to be, but apart form that, seems alright. I used to like the blue capital keys, they've gone......

Duh, this is such an anticlimax, and a bit unesacary........

WB
Old 5th October 2013
Lives for gear

For my iPhone I actually like the new interface. I don't partiularly like the look (something seems to be off in the spacing or size of the icons... it looks not quite right), but I really like the way it behaves, especially when quitting apps.
Old 5th October 2013
Lives for gear

Old 5th October 2013
Lives for gear

I am seeing a significant improvement in battery time on my iphone 5. As in 40 longer batterytime.
Old 5th October 2013
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim olesen View Post
I am seeing a significant improvement in battery time on my iphone 5. As in 40 longer batterytime.
Actually, I am feeling as if my iPad Mini has WAY LESS battery life since iOS7 (like half or 1/3rd of what i had before 7).
My iPhone 4's battery life seemed to have increased by about ar least 50%, though.
Old 9th October 2013
Lives for gear

wow I must be unlucky - cubasis routed through audiobus then loading up a synth like Nave or Animoog is almost an instant crash for me.

this has taken my iPad from being 'not quite ready as a music production option' to 'completely unusable for music' - will stick to using my iPad to watch funny cat videos until the next one comes out with the upgraded cpu and all the synth devs catch up to ios7
Old 9th October 2013
Lives for gear

Why would you be worried that your apps would be deleted when your backed up to the cloud and your computer, right? Even if they are deleted it is just a few minutes to re-download your apps.
Old 11th October 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Porto View Post
iOS 7 does bring multitasking to the platform (finally).
And that's about the only nice thing i can say about it.
Old 11th October 2013
Lives for gear

I have to refresh every time to send an email, it took a ****ING week to tell me that NONE OF MY ****ING TEXTS WERE GOING ****ING THROUGH!!! MADE ME LOOK LIKE A ****ING IDIOT TO MY CLIENTS THAT WERE USED TO ME BEING ON TOP OF ****ING THINGS!!!

.... breathe.....

but I like the look.

WHAT THE HELL WOULD THEY DO IF THEY LOST A WEEK OF COMMUNICATION WITH THEIR CLIENTS!!!!

.... breathe.....

DID PACE AND APPLE BECOME PACCLE?!!! ****ING MORONS!!!! GET YOUR SHlT TOGETHER BEFORE YOU RELEASE AN UPDATE THAT PREVENTS ****ING TEXTING!!!! 2 MILLION USERS IS NOT ENOUGH TO WORK THE BUG OUT FOR?

MORONS!!!

..... breathe...

I like Mac....

I worked it all out, just like I did with ADATS.
Old 11th October 2013
Lives for gear

I feel you man. Apple has been slipping since Jobs died. 7 is going to cost them quite a few users on the phone side of things I'm afraid.
Old 11th October 2013
RiF
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhm1138 View Post
I feel you man. Apple has been slipping since Jobs died. 7 is going to cost them quite a few users on the phone side of things I'm afraid.
Yep! I don't know if I can prove my gut feeling, but things seem to go down. Releases have major issues. The iPhone 5S/C start had far too shaky for my expectation of an Apple-product release.
Old 12th October 2013
Lives for gear

And i thought iOS6 was a debacle. Now i am wishing i still had it installed. Lol. Lag, and i did all the reinstall stuff too. The OS is inconsistent across the board, clumsy & laggy...& I'm not even touching on the "new look" here. I can get over how it looks, but the performance is definitely a step down.
Old 12th October 2013
Lives for gear

Which Mac operating systems are compatible with iOS7? Any other compatibility issues? For example, I have not upgraded iTunes to v11...

Best...H
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search