The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Artist Transport jog wheel for EQ? Control Surfaces
Old 1st August 2013
Gear Addict

Artist Transport jog wheel for EQ?

Can I use the jog wheel on the Transport to do things like fine tune clip gain, volume automation, and adjust EQ parameters? Can it be used in conjunction with a mouse? Like, click the mouse to bring up EQ3 7-Band, click on a knob like frequency and then use the jog wheel to make adjustments?
Old 1st August 2013
Sure, if the audio program you are using has a MIDI learn function, like Sonar X2 or if someone made a MIDI map to map that specific function.

Its definitely possible

CJ
Old 1st August 2013
Gear Head

The basics of the Avid Artist controllers is that they don't use MIDI protocol to edit parameters like for example Mackie Control and HUI does.

The Artist controllers do not output midi. They have their own protocol called Eucon. When you have an Artist controller they output Eucon to a program called Eucontrol that you will install on your computer. In Eucontrol you can edit commands and create complex line of actions.

And to answer the question: Yes, you can use the wheel to edit it!

You can program the wheels to edit almost every function using the soft knobs. You can also program a function called "assignable knob". That means that when your mouse pointer hover over a function you can control that function using the wheel. For example freq 4 gain etc.

Eucon is actually a quite powerful protocol.
Old 1st August 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHiHat View Post
You can program the wheels to edit almost every function using the soft knobs. You can also program a function called "assignable knob". That means that when your mouse pointer hover over a function you can control that function using the wheel. For example freq 4 gain etc.
Thanks. Can you explain to me how to do this? I am using the Transport with PT 11 and have the Eucon software open. I found the 'assignable knob' under soft keys > command > wheel > assignable knob and have assigned it a soft key. But when I push it, nothing seems to happen.

I would like to be able to hover over something with the mouse pointer, such as clip gain, volume automation, or the graphical display in EQ3 7-Band, and make fine adjustments using the jog wheel.
Old 2nd August 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by asterix2k10 View Post
I would like to be able to hover over something with the mouse pointer, such as clip gain, volume automation, or the graphical display in EQ3 7-Band, and make fine adjustments using the jog wheel.
Yes that's exactly as it should work. It works in Logic.

Press the soft key you programmed - hover with the mouse over something - turn the jog wheel.
Maybe Avid screwed it up somewhere in PT11.
Old 4th July 2017
Lives for gear

I couldn't make this assignable knob work either. Did anyone else get this to go?
Old 15th September 2017
Lives for gear

I'm just discovering the assignable knob as wel, doesn't work in Cubase or in Wavelab
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search