The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
External Hard Drive advice. DAW Software
Old 25th July 2013
Gear Head

External Hard Drive advice.

Hello Slutz.

I just bought a Macbook Retina 2.7 Ghz i7 - with a 500 GB SSD drive. It has thunderbolt and USB 3.0 - I'm planning on selling my studio Mac Pro (8 Core), and using the laptop in stead.

But I need an external hard drive for my Pro Tools sessions - So I can run all my audio from there. I need a 2 GB drive for all of my sessions, so i wonder what the best buy will be?

Thanks,
Michael.
Old 5th August 2013
Lives for gear

I recently purchased a G-Technology G-RAID 8TB drive with Thunderbolt connectivity. I am using it to record sessions in Pro Tools 10.3.6. The drive comes configured in RAID 0 and is very fast. I'm very happy with it. I can recommend this drive, although I think the smallest size it comes in is 4GB, and it is a bit pricey.

Good luck
J
Old 6th August 2013
Lives for gear

I have the LaCie 4 TB raid drive. Works perfectly.
Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search