The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Akai Synthstation 49 power supply issue
Old 14th April 2013
Gear Head

Akai Synthstation 49 power supply issue

I wonder if anyone can help me. I recently bought an Akai Synthstation 49 but it was missing its power supply which is 6V 3A. I phoned up the music store where I bought it and they apologised and told me they will send me the power supply. Anyway while waiting for my power supply to appear I have been using a power supply that I used for my external hard drive which was set at 6V 2.3A. I plugged it into my Akai Synthstation 49 and it worked well while charging my iPad at the same time. However. this afternoon I noticed that the power supply has stopped working. I tried another power supply I had and set it to 6V 300mA (the 300mA is fixed so I couldn't set it to 3A) and my Synthstation 49 started working again. However it doesn't seem to charge my iPad now even though it works and switches on. Have I damaged the PSU board on my Synthstation or is it a problem with the power supply I am using? Please advise
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search