The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Which DAW has this option?
Old 1st March 2013
Gear Addict
Which DAW has this option?

Hi, there!!

I wonder if there is a DAW that has a following option:

- when desired channel of a mixer is selected, all plugins inserted in that channel, appear on the screen

I think, such option would really speed up mixing ITB.

Thank you for your answers!!
Old 1st March 2013
Gear Head

Why would you need that, just pin every plugin for the working channel and job is done.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 1st March 2013
Gear Addict
Why? Well, availability of individual parameters of plug-ins is too slow for me..
Old 1st March 2013
Gear Maniac

Great idea! Studio one can easily access it's instruments but your suggestion sounds cool!
Old 1st March 2013
Lives for gear

Studio One's audio fx UI windows are that way, all the FX are on tabs at the top of the window, and yes, it does speed things up since you can copy plugs to other places, rearrange the current chain order, rename instances, etc, all from the one place.

You can even add a new plug to the chain by dropping a plug directly to the plugin Ui. It's a really nice way to work, as plugin UI's go.

Reaper does the much same if you don't float the fx UI, they can appear in a wndow with the current channel's chain listed and follow channel selection.
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear Addict
So, no such DAW on this planet?
Old 2nd March 2013
Logic allows you to define screen layouts accessible with a single keystroke, keys 1-9. You set up the screen as you want, with all the plugin windows open where you want them, then "save" as a screen layout. You can also "lock" each screen layout so even if you move plugins around or close windows you can come back to your locked layout with one key

I typically use them for different modes like mixing drums (all the drum levels and EQs pop up), vocal fine tuning (all the vox compressors, EQs, levels and verb sends come up) or mastering (just the mastering stage tools appear). No reason you can't use this for creating screen layouts mapped to specific tracks. But you might find Logic's feature more powerful than what you suggest since you're not locked into effects on just one track. For example, my vocals will often go through 2-3 "stages" where the primary track is all about basic EQ and level automation, which is then bussed over to a channel where I focus on vox compression and effects/reverb, then final level/gel stage where I focus on EQ/verb/level that sits the vocal properly in the mix. It is more helpful to me to bring up all the vocal tools with one keystroke, regardless of which track they're on. Helps big time with workflow.

..ant
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibravibra View Post
Why? Well, availability of individual parameters of plug-ins is too slow for me..
As i said just pin the plugins or as in other daws the name is always on top, and you are good to go.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 2nd March 2013
Gear Addict
Thank you, guys!! Especially you, ant. Those options in logic looks very promising)
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibravibra View Post
- when desired channel of a mixer is selected, all plugins inserted in that channel, appear on the screen
I'm pretty sure you can do this in Cubase. You can already make all the inserts appear on screen at once by holding down ctrl-alt-shift and clicking the "e" channel settings button. I'm sure you could create a macro/shortcut to do this automatically when a channel is selected...
Old 3rd March 2013
If you click on one plugin in studio ones insert the window will have whatever plug you selected plus all the other plugs will be under tabs. Very slick
Old 3rd March 2013
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus909 View Post
I'm pretty sure you can do this in Cubase. You can already make all the inserts appear on screen at once by holding down ctrl-alt-shift and clicking the "e" channel settings button. I'm sure you could create a macro/shortcut to do this automatically when a channel is selected...
Thanx, Marcus909!! After your sugestion, I've read following link:

Cubase / Nuendo Key commands for direct acces to plugins.

It looks, it can't be done without external controller..
Old 4th March 2013
Ableton Live does this, but immediate parameter access is limited to their own plugs and screen estate.
Old 4th March 2013
Lives for gear
ableton
Old 6th March 2013
Here for the gear

could anyone recommend a good DAW for under $600 that is ideal for recording guitars direct, superior drummer 2, vocals, keyboard/workstation, sax and that isn't to elaborate? i was thinking sonar x2 however, they do not support hp and the updates will not be compatible.
Old 6th March 2013
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyz View Post
could anyone recommend a good DAW for under $600 that is ideal for recording guitars direct, superior drummer 2, vocals, keyboard/workstation, sax and that isn't to elaborate? i was thinking sonar x2 however, they do not support hp and the updates will not be compatible.
Studio one
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search