The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Is DUY officially closed for business?
Old 4th February 2013
Gear Addict

Is DUY officially closed for business?

Hello All
I purchased some used licenses from another gearslut member, and he tried to transfer them, but they were awaiting DUY authorization, because they need to make money and impede the process.

Anyways DUY never did the transfer after being contacted by every known email and phone number over a 3 week period.

The seller and I decided that he could just send me an the physical ilok with the licenses while we await transfer.

So the seller tries to put the duy licenses on an ilok to ship to me, and realizes that they are now in limbo and he can't even use his own plugins until DUY offers some support.

I know this is not a new story, the reason I am writing this, its to let every know that

DUY is officially out of business

I want to let owners of these licenses know that if they decide to sell these plugins, to just sell the physical ilok with licenses and don't attempt to transfer anything, because if you do your assets will be lost forever.

I want to say this is not a moan as I am not complaining, companies go out of business all time. No problem

Charles Dye made these plugins famous and the DUY website is still up and running so I just don't want some unsuspecting gearslut to buy something from DUY.com thinking they are still in business when they are not.

have a great day slutz :-)
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear

Don't worry! I'm sure they'll make a dramatic recovery in the form one re-assuring post apologising for all the silence and a promise that things will all be fine from now on . . . . . . before entering another 6 months of deafening silence accompanied by total incommunicado.

<rinse and repeat>
Old 5th February 2013
Lives for gear
Well its not right to pirate, but if its not available for sale any more and the business doesnt exist,is it still an issue? If someone wants it and cant buy it...then what? I could see the moral dilemma in that.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Maniac

Are they for real out of business??? I have submitted 3+ support tickets on their site and never got a reply! I was wondering why! All I wanted was a link to the installers since we have auths for the famed analog bundle here at the studio but lost the install disc. :(
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg082 View Post
Well its not right to pirate, but if its not available for sale any more and the business doesnt exist,is it still an issue? If someone wants it and cant buy it...then what? I could see the moral dilemma in that.

They will still take your money at their website for their plugins, and you may or may not get ilok authorization and a download link.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by samth3mancgp View Post
Are they for real out of business??? I have submitted 3+ support tickets on their site and never got a reply! I was wondering why! All I wanted was a link to the installers since we have auths for the famed analog bundle here at the studio but lost the install disc. :(
I have come onto certain facts since trying to buy these plugins used.

A fellow gearslut has been waiting over a year for DUY to simply authorize an ilok license transfer. They never answer phones, nor emails, or anything ever, and its been going on for years now.

So essentially they offer no support, and you can never sell a used license because they get in the way of that too.

Instead of having to just pay ilok, DUY wants a $35 fee as well and hold up the transfer until they authorize it, which they never do , so your plugin your trying to sell is in no mans land, waiting for authorization from DUY that will never come.

They are still in business in the sense that they sell plugins at their website that you may or may not get ilok authorization, or a download for the installer.

The main two reasons I posted is to let anyone who may care is that DUY is in fact out of business and if a member wants to sell their DUY ilok assets, the only way is to sell the physical ilok, if you do a ilok transfer its gone forever, just ask fellow member anguswoodhead.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Maniac

Wow this is incredible. I had no idea! What a terrible way to do business.. They should take the site down if they aren't operating anymore? Wow.

So I guess my question now is: Where can I download installers for their plugins? I have the iLok auths good to go! The studio recently went from PT 7.4 to PT 8 and also got a faster Mac with a newer OS as well, which is why the plugs need to be updated/reinstalled.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wow this is incredible. I had no idea! What a terrible way to do business.. They should take the site down if they aren't operating anymore? Wow.

So I guess my question now is: Where can I download installers for their plugins? I have the iLok auths good to go! The studio recently went from PT 7.4 to PT 8 and also got a faster Mac with a newer OS as well, which is why the plugs need to be updated/reinstalled.
what installers you need?
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Maniac

I need installers for the TDM version of the analog bundle that will work with protools HD 8 on a G5 powerPC Mac.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
I need installers for the TDM version of the analog bundle that will work with protools HD 8 on a G5 powerPC Mac.
I have some native installers, no tdm.
Old 5th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:

Any slut have the tdm installers to help this fellow slut out?
Old 6th February 2013
Have you all tried calling their Spanish phone number?

DUY Software Plug-ins

Main address:

DUY
c/o SPREAD DISTRIBUTION
Jose Millan Gonzalez, 11, local 19
08024 - Barcelona
(Spain)

Phone numbers:

U.S.A.: (310) 9281-DUY
USA from abroad: (+1) 310.928.1389

U.K.: (0141) 416-1455
U.K. from abroad: (+44) 14 14 16 14 55

DUY Studios & Music Publishing

Main address:

DUY
Plaza Lesseps, 33, bajos
08023 - Barcelona
(Spain)

Phone number:

(+34) 93.217.45.10
Please DO NOT contact this number for Plug-in related issues, since they have
no information regarding this Department of the company. Use the numbers at
the top of this page for Plug-in related issues.

Email address:

For studio bookings and music publishing please contact our STUDIO.
Old 6th February 2013
What about twitter? Have you contacted them via twitter?
Old 6th February 2013
Maybe their support sucks, but I find it hard to believe that they are out of business since they just released AAX support about 7 months ago. They weren't at NAMM this year if I'm not mistaken and it could be that the company is suffering because the economic issues in Spain, but going belly up and still paying for bandwith on your website... hmmm. Just doesn't make sense because if they went bankrupt or out of business they would cut all expenses which includes website bandwidth.

I would try my best to contact them using all means necesary if I were in your shoes. Try their twitter acount if their direct email isn't working.

https://twitter.com/DUYaudio
Old 6th February 2013
Found a relevant link... basically they have terrible support.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-...y-plugins.html

This thread should be placed in the moanzone.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mista min View Post
Found a relevant link... basically they have terrible support.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/moan-...y-plugins.html

This thread should be placed in the moanzone.
called all numbers and emails you posted....don't think I really have to tweet them...if you kept digging you would find that they are lying about axx support as well, doesn't exist.

And just to be clear, this is not a moan, I didn't lose any money, nor am I angry or moanful about the company. I am just simply letting prospective customers and current owners about the fact that they are no longer in business. Yes they keep their website open hoping some poor unsuspecting buyer comes along, and I am sure thats how they pay for bandwidth.

if you actually read thru my post you would see that I am informing current owners the only way they can sell their DUY assets. And that new customers, and old will get no support.
Old 6th February 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by loosejaw View Post
called all numbers and emails you posted....don't think I really have to tweet them...if you kept digging you would find that they are lying about axx support as well, doesn't exist.

And just to be clear, this is not a moan, I didn't lose any money, nor am I angry or moanful about the company. I am just simply letting prospective customers and current owners about the fact that they are no longer in business. Yes they keep their website open hoping some poor unsuspecting buyer comes along, and I am sure thats how they pay for bandwidth.

if you actually read thru my post you would see that I am informing current owners the only way they can sell their DUY assets. And that new customers, and old will get no support.
Wait did you try to call the Spanish number at 2 am Spanish time and expect to reach someone?

I'm sorry, but who made you the plugin police? I understand sharing your bad experience and not recommending a product, but what could possibly motivate you to say that they are out of business and their AAX stuff is a hoax?

If this is the case one could easily get a lawyer to send them a few letters and things would immediately get straightened out. If I lost about a thousand bucks worth of plugins I would take legal action against the company.

You're just a Good Samaritan helping everybody out, but accusing a company that has been in audio production for so long of fraud (that's what that is called and it's illegal and immoral) is a bit outlandish. They have terrible support we can all see that, but to have a website up and taking money from customers and then not providing products and then promoting said products as latest and greatest, but actually lying about it like I said once before is fraud. I'd seriously contact a lawyer if I was your friend.

Seriously though, I thank you for the heads up concerning the company and I probably won't be buying their plugins because of the consistency I've seen in their lack of support for their users and I also never really liked their stuff, though their tape emulation is pretty cool. However, I wouldn't accuse them of fraud, but that's just me.
Old 6th February 2013
Lives for gear

Just about everybody has terrible issues with DUY (including me and yes, I did at the time try to call the spanish number at a good spanish hour)

As for Twitter I don't know how viable that is - their last tweet was the 13th of June, 2012 - that was 8 months ago... there is one comment on that Tweet from Sept 17, 2012 asking if they were still in business with no reply. Next previous tweet was from January of last year!

A total of 28 tweets in 2.5 years.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Wait did you try to call the Spanish number at 2 am Spanish time and expect to reach someone?

I'm sorry, but who made you the plugin police? I understand sharing your bad experience and not recommending a product, but what could possibly motivate you to say that they are out of business and their AAX stuff is a hoax?

If this is the case one could easily get a lawyer to send them a few letters and things would immediately get straightened out. If I lost about a thousand bucks worth of plugins I would take legal action against the company.

You're just a Good Samaritan helping everybody out, but accusing a company that has been in audio production for so long of fraud (that's what that is called and it's illegal and immoral) is a bit outlandish. They have terrible support we can all see that, but to have a website up and taking money from customers and then not providing products and then promoting said products as latest and greatest, but actually lying about it like I said once before is fraud. I'd seriously contact a lawyer if I was your friend.

Seriously though, I thank you for the heads up concerning the company and I probably won't be buying their plugins because of the consistency I've seen in their lack of support for their users and I also never really liked their stuff, though their tape emulation is pretty cool. However, I wouldn't accuse them of fraud, but that's just me.
I actually called them at that spanish number too, like you I was able to figure out the time change

who made you the plugin police police...are you related to someone who owns DUY?

for the last time I am trying to let owners of duy assets know that if they want to sell them to not do an ilok transfer as they will lose the licences forever , better to sell the whole ilok, its the only way.

Is that such a terrible thing to do?

Yes I am a good Samaritan thats why I am doing it, I don't give a damn about DUY and have no ill feelings towards them. But they have closed up shop except to sell you plugins that they no longer support.

If I would have known this 3 weeks ago, I would not have tried to buy them, and the seller that sold them to me wouldn't have lost his DUY assets in waiting for transfer authorization from DUY never never land

I know why I am here in this thread, can't figure out why you are, unless you are a duy double agent

and your welcome for the heads up I guess.

here is a link where the truth came out about there axx support

DUY AAX Plugs - Avid Audio Forums
Old 6th February 2013
I bought last week a bundle and received links and ilok authorization 1 day later.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by delcosmos View Post
I bought last week a bundle and received links and ilok authorization 1 day later.
thats great!!! really
now try get support for the product, if you do, mention a fellow gearslut has been waiting over a year to get his used plugin assets
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
were they tdm installers, because samth3mancgp from this thread needs them and duy won't send him new links.
Old 6th February 2013
Quote:
were they tdm installers, because samth3mancgp from this thread needs them and duy won't send him new links.
I got the Native EverPack and Native Dad Tape. Sorry.
Old 6th February 2013
Funny the people defending them.

1. If they had done what they were paid to do, this thread (and others like it) with all the speculation surrounding DUY wouldn't exist in the first place.

2. There is no #2. See #1 above.
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Guru

i just sent over a support ticket as i never received an email regarding the AAX update .. lets see what happens ..

cheers

john
Old 6th February 2013
as check: open a new support ticket and wait: minutes, days, months and years.... i wait since two years...
Old 6th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
You're an idiot. DUY double agent? I have my artist name, picture and link to my soundcloud in my sig. What the hell is wrong you?

Blocked is what you are... :-)
Its called sarcasm
Old 7th February 2013
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I'm happy this thread is still getting some activity. Maybe finally you can get those iLok licenses transferred and I might find somebody that has the TDM Analog Bundle

Thanks for the shout!

-Sam
Old 8th February 2013
Gear Addict

Quote:
I'm happy this thread is still getting some activity. Maybe finally you can get those iLok licenses transferred and I might find somebody that has the TDM Analog Bundle

Thanks for the shout!

-Sam
no problem, I hope a fellow slut stops by the thread that has your installers, I don't hold any hope for DUY to give any support to me or the seller as they are out of business.
Old 14th February 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
THAT is even more appalling!

Lucky you delcosmos for actually getting what you paid for but really DUY, you either service and support everyone or no one. Don't ignore most customers and then out of the blue give one customer a timely 24 hour turnaround.

Not as good as Sean from Valhalla who recently processed my order within 20 minutes of me purchasing - including a personal email about a question I had! That's service people!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search