The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Little bit of PUSH
Old 26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
That's probably the first non-standard "keyboard" interface I've ever been interested in. That it's also useful for pattern programming is bonus. Can't wait to see more.
Old 26th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

15 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Releaux View Post
That's probably the first non-standard "keyboard" interface I've ever been interested in. That it's also useful for pattern programming is bonus. Can't wait to see more.
+1. Now that i've seen the features it seems very impressive. They did a good deal of thinking around what to do with the grid beyond triggering clips.
Old 26th January 2013
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
That's really interesting. Kind of makes me want to move on from Maschine and use this instead. For my purposes, it seems like this would get me into a quicker workflow.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
I can't wait to try one of these out. My only quirk is that Live itself is a rather quirky piece of software. Particularly with audio recording. I guess you could have another daw for audio; but that's not my preferred workflow either. Hoping this device makes live more user friendly.

Because of the way all the sounds are integrated into the browser, it also makes me think real hard about going for that Suite to get all that built in content; which will be pretty expensive I assume. Probably $1200-1500 with the suite I would imagine.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted314 View Post
I can't wait to try one of these out. My only quirk is that Live itself is a rather quirky piece of software. Particularly with audio recording. I guess you could have another daw for audio; but that's not my preferred workflow either. Hoping this device makes live more user friendly.

Because of the way all the sounds are integrated into the browser, it also makes me think real hard about going for that Suite to get all that built in content; which will be pretty expensive I assume. Probably $1200-1500 with the suite I would imagine.
Prices are already on the Ableton website
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Prices are already on the Ableton website
Are they finalized? Prices have been up since the day Push was announced but they have been changed numerous times. There was quite a debate over this at the Ableton forums.

If they are accurate, then looking at $1200 for the Push with Live 9 Suite. So, just what I expected.
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted314 View Post
Are they finalized? Prices have been up since the day Push was announced but they have been changed numerous times. There was quite a debate over this at the Ableton forums.

If they are accurate, then looking at $1200 for the Push with Live 9 Suite. So, just what I expected.
That was the upgrade path prices. I don't know if the price for Push plus Ableton 9/9 suite will change but if it does I don't think it will be by much. It should be cheaper to get elsewhere and not direct from Ableton as well.
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 15 years
Are we closer to a release date for Push+L9 ?
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceman View Post
Are we closer to a release date for Push+L9 ?
Online shops are starting to list Push as being available mid-end February. Live 9 Beta has been out for some time. So it looks like we're pretty close
Old 26th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Very simple. It looked complicated at first. Is it that important to devote a section of the pads to just loop length? It would be nice to be able to assign different features to the different sections of the pads. I wonder what else would be useful there.
Old 28th January 2013
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Jeremy Ellis on Push
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is looking like a very cool tool to quickly get ideas down.
Old 28th January 2013 | Show parent
Lives for gear

2 Reviews written
🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher View Post
Jeremy Ellis on Push
Jeremy Ellis look like he just busted a nut while finger drumming on that Push controller. Lol!
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Interesting that he plays for a while and is then explained the pad layout and then goes AHH I GET IT.

This i think is the mark of a great instrument and how it inspired NON technically musical types.

I don't know how it can ever be measured, but I have a feeling that the best guitar music has come from people who played around on the guitar and then later came to understand the instrument.
Old 28th January 2013
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Better video
WNAMM13: Ableton Live Push Up Close - YouTube
πŸ“ Reply