The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Melodyne essential have auto pitch correction?
Old 19th January 2013
Lives for gear

Melodyne essential have auto pitch correction?

Just wondering if melodyne essential allows for analyzing and correcting pitch automatically (like autotune) or if you have to manually adjust the pitch.
Thanks,
Aric
Old 19th January 2013
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

Purchased the melodyne essentials plugin. At first I was a little put off by the lack of audiosuite processing. I've demo'd autotune a few times and I liked that feature. But now that I've used it a little, I really do like melodyne. I love that I can grab notes in the editor and just lift them up or push them down where I want them. It also seems to be a *little* more transparent sounding than autotune.
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

I love Melodyne. But without exception I use it in manual mode. And it has great tools for it if you are comfortable working this way. If you have a good ear, auto can never match what you can achieve manually.
Old 29th January 2013
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncSailor View Post
I love Melodyne. But without exception I use it in manual mode. And it has great tools for it if you are comfortable working this way. If you have a good ear, auto can never match what you can achieve manually.
I haven't had enough opportunity to play with it yet. I'm not sure Essential has a "manual" or "auto" mode though... I know that I can move notes individually without applying a global pitch correction, or I can apply pitch correction globally (and still move them individually). Is this what you mean?
Aric
Old 29th January 2013
Gear Maniac

Yes, you should be able to do both in essential. But not sure how much control you have in auto mode without upgrading.
📝 Reply