Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Logic Pro: Turbo, or no?
Old 18th November 2012
Gear Addict

Logic Pro: Turbo, or no?

Ok so after 2 and half years of using FL studio since my mac pro with Logic died, I finally got round to buying an old macbook and installing Logic.

It's chuffing great isn't it? I remembered that the synths that come with it sound cool, but I'd say they sound better than most third party plugins. I like that I don't have to switch over to asio drivers to play notes in real time. I like the feel of the programme.

The only major difference I notice is its mega long winded way of programming notes in the piano roll. Maybe this will get faster the more I get familiar with it.

This afternoon I've been playing about with it and loading the bounces into FL studio to add more flavour. I'm really pleased with the results. I understand that some famous producers use more than one DAW. I can totally see the benefits to that.

Anyway, anyone got any advice on killer AU plugins for Logic etc?
Old 18th November 2012
Look at KVRaudio for some free or close to it. I'm very happy with Komplete8 ultimate, and N.i. typically have a good thanksgiving sale.
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear
I got it down pretty good with painting midi notes. Left mouse click is pencil tool, right mouse click is erase tool ( in preferences assign/allow right click) and if I wanna delete a bunch of notes, I right click and hold and right click again to delete them all. Easiest way i've figured out so far. As for velocity I use shift and left mouse click......
Old 18th November 2012
Lives for gear

Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search