The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Ableton Live : why is the GUI wasting so much space ?
Old 23rd October 2012
Lives for gear

Ableton Live : why is the GUI wasting so much space ?

hello

i love ableton but i have a problem with the GUI

- huge browser on the left which you can't really hide because that's where the plugins are
- huge effect area on the lower side, even when there's no plugin on the track. again hiding it is useless since you'll need to turn it back on when you want to edit the FX
- as the effect area wasn't big enough, they added a useless grey bar underneath

i'm working on a macbook pro 13", so does a lot of people, and really it's too much waste of space. Ableton Live 9 looks the same sadly.

maybe i'm missing some auto hide option or something ? it's amazing they didn't sort that out in 9 versions

great piece of software though
Old 23rd October 2012
Here for the gear

So you have enough intelligence to embed a picture on the forum but not enough to check what Ableton's gui looks like before you buy it...or even DEMO it???
Old 24th October 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by invalidusername View Post
hello

i love ableton but i have a problem with the GUI

- huge browser on the left which you can't really hide because that's where the plugins are
- huge effect area on the lower side, even when there's no plugin on the track. again hiding it is useless since you'll need to turn it back on when you want to edit the FX
- as the effect area wasn't big enough, they added a useless grey bar underneath

i'm working on a macbook pro 13", so does a lot of people, and really it's too much waste of space. Ableton Live 9 looks the same sadly.

maybe i'm missing some auto hide option or something ? it's amazing they didn't sort that out in 9 versions

great piece of software though
Press cmd and shift and write the word BLOMRI. Watch the magic.
Old 24th October 2012
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sotsirc View Post
Press cmd and shift and write the word BLOMRI. Watch the magic.
mr boil and mrs boil if all the windows are open
Old 24th October 2012
Lives for gear

The GUI in Ableton is fine. The browser could use work and I would like dual monitor support, but it does not waste real estate.
Old 28th October 2012
Lives for gear

Did we lose the OP?
Old 28th October 2012
Gear Addict

Live isn't my favorite DAW out of the ones I own but these complaints are kind of silly. That gray bar is a couple of millimeters tall. I'm sure you can work around it.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
🎙️ View mentioned gear