The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
whatever happened to "total bounce" in logic 7
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Unhappy whatever happened to "total bounce" in logic 7

the original sound on sound preview of logic 7 promised a function named "total bounce"
, which could make multiples stem bounces. But it doesn't exist! It would be the most time saving feature (anyone had to transfer a whole track from mac to pc or vice versa?)
is there any software which enables you to do this?
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

you can do a work-around.. sort of.. by doing a bounce for surround. a bit annoying but works just fine. i've been avoiding logic lately so i can't walk you thru it but it's not too hard to work out.
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

file>export>export all tracks as audio files.

isn't this what you are trying to do?
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg
file>export>export all tracks as audio files.

isn't this what you are trying to do?
when you do that how does it handle sends?

when you do the surround workaround you have to assign everything to the surround outputs (even though the labeling is irrelevant for this purpose) but this way you maintain your sends etc and can bounce w/all the FX.

6 of one, half dozen of the other i guess..
Old 27th June 2006
Lives for gear

hmmm, i don't know what export all does with the sends. i think it doesn't bounce pan or volume though, so i would think it would not bounce sends either. what does the surround bounce do exactly? i am not familiar with it.
Old 14th July 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg
hmmm, i don't know what export all does with the sends. i think it doesn't bounce pan or volume though, so i would think it would not bounce sends either. what does the surround bounce do exactly? i am not familiar with it.
it does the same thing a regular stereo bounce does only w/more channels. so, you just need to determine what things you want summed together but it's a good work around in some cases.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search