The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Acid PC
Old 14th June 2006
Lives for gear

Acid PC

Anyone have a recomendation for an off the shelf PC to use with Acid Pro? I haven't bought a PC in years... it's for a client, so I need something reliable...

thanks!

Ryan Hewitt
Old 15th June 2006
Here for the gear

Well...... Let's see here.
Do you need a sound card too? Is Acid the ONLY program that will be required because if it is: Almost anything will work.

Surely there must be other requirements, perhaps other applications apart from music??????

A local computer store that builds systems would be able to put together something that will be heaps better than anything off the shelf though.

Compaq, HP, E Machines and all those other boxes are good for boat anchors or additional ballast perhaps.

Seriously, let us know what other aps are needed and what O/S is required
Old 21st June 2006
Lives for gear

for right now, the machine will just run acid pro 6 on windows xp. It will need a sound card with analog and digital I/O as well as a midi interface.

if anyone knows a reliable computer builder, preferably in LA, please post or PM me. I've been away from PCs for so long...

on a related note, has anyone ever synced acid pro via midi with another app on another machine?

Thanks for the help!

Ryan Hewitt
Old 22nd June 2006
Get him a dell ry. They provide descent software, descent machines and descent support... all in all a fairly good package...for a pc. Dell does pretty good...they sell millions of units...and there really isn't any difference between OEM's...it's nice to get an Intel board and Intel chip...together. He will most likely have to upgrade the digital i/o soundcard...after the fact.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search