The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro tools mix session question
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

Pro tools mix session question

Hi I am new to this game and have a question to ask , If i have 3 songs to mix in 3 different sessions and i have already mixed a song am i able to import my eq and compression settings etc into the other sessions easily as a general starting place to save time? and how do i go about this

thanks very much
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

What version of PT are you running? You can use Import Session Data under the file menu but make sure you select the appropriate settings to import and it is always a good idea to at least duplicate the PT session file before you do anything like this in case you make a mistake you have something to go back to..

Michael Greene
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

Pro tools LE 7.0
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

Just go to the plug-in that you want to save and go to save settings...

This might be a little easier than importing session data... Maybe not.. But this is how I do it.

Make sure your also go to settings preferences and set the "Save plug-in settings" to the root folder so it is available from your other session.

I am also assuming that you tracked three sessions already and mixed one, and are going back to mix the other two. If you tracked and mixed one, and are going to track more, I would use import session data (option + shift + I) so that all the tracks are already there and named, with all plug-ins, routing, etc... Heck, if its the same band your inputs should all be the same too...
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

thanks guys! i'll give it a go while we are at it are there any othere ways that anyone can think of?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search