The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Kramer tape try 2 Condenser Microphones
Old 21st June 2012
x86/x64 Moderator

Kramer tape try 2

hi guys,

the first thread was a mess.

here is try 2 to make it beter hopefully.

cheers
George
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rksguit View Post
I just bought TT & T
What is TT & T?
Old 21st June 2012
Lives for gear

Old 22nd June 2012
ALLROIGHT!!! I fixed it,the deal was,after endless,other attempts,I then went back into "regedit"and found,a listing called "Excluded Plugins",one of them being.....you guessed it Kramer Tape Stereo!!

So I went and deleted it,opened X1,scanned,opened a project,and now had the 4 listings that show up for ALL Waves plugs in Sonar X1d[new deal-to show which are REALLY 32 bit]-Stereo/Mono with a"(0)"next to tthose 2-meaning 32 bit,and Stereo/Mono,with nothing next to it-meaning 64 bit.

This is weird,as I NEVER excluded this plugin,and also did NOT,when I demoed it,and also it DID NOT show as "excluded",in X1's Plugin Manager GUI,in the program,so if Yishai K from Waves hadn't got me to look in the registry,I never would have gone back[even though his idea didn't work,it got me thinking]and found the trouble.

It turns out,that Waves,have to have somebody in the office to send serial numbers,which is why it took 5 hours to get mine,whereas cakewalk's operation is all automated-I'm guessing?

Anyway,all cool,and yes the slap/delay on the Kramer Tape is certainly worth the entrance fee,for sure.

RK http://soundcloud.com/rks26
Old 23rd June 2012
x86/x64 Moderator

I don't install Waves stuff on my PC because in the past wave shell always interferred with the rest of my plugs.

So whats the deal? I tested the UAD and it doesnt sound like tape.

The samples from the Kramer sounded close for a plugin. It doesnt do much and collapses easily if you overdo it.

Opinions?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Old 23rd June 2012
Lives for gear

no problems with V9 x64 on my machine (windows 7 x64/cubase 6.5 x64)with any of my waves plugins.

MPX betting used here quite a lot along with CLA 1176/LA2A and JJP bundle.

MC
Old 23rd June 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Necola View Post
I don't install Waves stuff on my PC because in the past wave shell always interferred with the rest of my plugs.

So whats the deal? I tested the UAD and it doesnt sound like tape.

The samples from the Kramer sounded close for a plugin. It doesnt do much and collapses easily if you overdo it.

Opinions?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk
Waves works fine on our test sytems, and on my private system. No issues.

I share your opinion on Waves Tape.
Old 23rd June 2012
Lives for gear

At small amounts, it's great, just don't overdo it.
Old 24th June 2012
Lives for food

The great thing is that it's only 2012. I think my tape machines should last for another ten years or so. Tape plugs will no doubt get better by 2022.
Old 24th June 2012
I agree with George that Kramer Tape doesn't do a hell of a lot,but what it does do, it does sound nice,and the delay is very cool,it's mellow enough to use on the master[carefully],others such as Softubes Saturation Knob is completely the opposite,in that it's just a dial,and can be super over the top,but also has a cool "leave-High/Mid/Low" switch.

After getting the Waves sorted,the only thing Iv'e noticed,is in X1,if you Control+click to add another,the GUI of the copies,start acting up,and sometimes a copy,will even have all its GUI disappear completely,and this happened with other Waves plugs,so I instantiate normaly for every one.

There's been no other weirdness,apart from that though,Waves stuff does install a lot of data,in places you wouldn't expect,and leaves it there,even after un-installing.

http://soundcloud.com/rks26
Old 24th June 2012
Actually,I'm going to change my opinion,I'm trying to make a master[within X1-import finished mix,as a new project] my first ever semi serious attempt of a tune with my own lead vocals,and with Kramer Tape[no other plugins or EQ] set to Mastering "Clean and Open",it adds quite a bit of top end[in a subtle kind of way],so again it depends I guess?

Old 29th June 2012
Does anyone have phase sounding issues,if using K Tape,on tracks AND busses,at the same time?,cause I do,but if I turn one off[on either] it goes away?[as you'd expect],but I don't have this issue with any other plugs ever!

Sonar X1d Producer 64bit.

RK

Old 29th June 2012
x86/x64 Moderator

I am not on Sonar but I remember people reporting phase issues while monitoring in Sonar and using plugins.

cheers
George
Old 1st July 2012
Yes,occasionally X1 will have a phasing issue with other busses,that will return to normal,or fix itself,with a "save" and re-load the same project,however,my desktop NEVER does this only my i7 Dell xps laptop.

As far as Kramer tape though,it does have a very distinct phasing issue if,putting the plugin on BOTH the tracks,and master/other Busses,at the same time,and the above Sonar re-open,does nothing to solve it,very weird,especially when Free-donation plugs like Limiter6,do not ever exhibit,this kind of behaviour.

Cheers
RK http://soundcloud.com/rks26
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search