The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
G4 built in audio better than Digi002R in Logic Pro??!?!
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

G4 built in audio better than Digi002R in Logic Pro??!?!

Maybe I was doing something wrong. Protools worked fine for me most of the time with my Digi002R (after I replaced the power harness that is). Logic however, didn't love me. I sold me digi002r about a month ago in hopes of the Ensemble being released, and it's forced me to use my built in audio interface for a bit just for composing in Logic.

Anyway, in Logic my Autoload song always has an EX24 with the grand piano patch loaded, just for quick songwriting. With the Digi002R whenever I hit more than a few notes it would sound really distorted, either through headphones or through the main speakers. With the built in interface, there is none of it. I thought that perhaps it was just that the samples were ****ty or distorted, or that the mixbus was clipping. not at all!

So whats' up with this? This occurred in Logic on ALL latency settings with the Digi002R, and not at all with the Built in Audio? Isn't the Digi002R supposed to be better?

I hope this isn't an problem with the Ensemble in Logic as well (I suspect it shouldn't be)

Also, in Protools I remember that sometimes that the program would start distorting ALL incoming sounds, and play everything really distorted (I mean like a fuzzbox) for no reason. Logic did a few funny things like this too at times. I am wondering if the digi002R is just a piece of crap. The Digi001 NEVER did this to me, nor has any other interface.
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

not the digi 002, but the digicore audio. boy that little program sucks. i ve so many problems with it. the poeple of apogee and the poepla at mac got together to write a better program for the ensemble integrating with logic and mac osx. so it should sound amazing. as for the converter, they say their not the same os anything built before. so who knows , but theres pplenty of thread about ensemble stuff.
Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon
With the Digi002R whenever I hit more than a few notes it would sound really distorted, either through headphones or through the main speakers.
I think this is an issue with buffer sizes when streaming samples.

If the files that comprise the "piano" can't stream fast enough, they can sound distorted. If this is the case, then it has nothing to do with conversion.
Old 10th June 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tibbon
Also, in Protools I remember that sometimes that the program would start distorting ALL incoming sounds, and play everything really distorted (I mean like a fuzzbox) for no reason. Logic did a few funny things like this too at times. I am wondering if the digi002R is just a piece of crap. The Digi001 NEVER did this to me, nor has any other interface.
Buffer issue... and I have experienced the same thing before.

Go into the Audio Hardware window of Logic and change the buffer size to a higher number. Then, set it back to the previous setting and it will fix that crazy distortion problem. Other than that, you mat want to increase your buffer to avoid other issues. What is it set at now?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search