The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Ardour sponsored by google, windows port, midi tracks etc. DAW Software
Old 8th June 2006
Here for the gear

Ardour sponsored by google, windows port, midi tracks etc.

Quote:
Ardour was granted support for 3 projects by Google's Summer of Code 2006 program. This summer will hopefully see the start of MIDI sequencing support, a Windows port and work on a couple of advanced but very useful capabilities.
Found on ardour.org

This piece of software is really going somewhere.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

I agree this is genuine 4th generation DAW software.

Really getting excited about this.

Interesting to see when the big boys start backing it.
Old 12th June 2006
Lives for gear

interesting how this is for mainly Apple as of now, but in the line, "If you've been looking for a tool similar to ProTools....", they didn't mention Logic. hmmm.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

I have the latest version of Ardour running on OSX right now. The GUI is fairly crude for the time, but it has been very stable. I think that Ardour definitely has a future. It's not going to make be give up Logic anytime soon, but it may in the future.
Old 13th June 2006
Lives for gear

<< I agree this is genuine 4th generation DAW software.

Really getting excited about this. >>

I only see the brief blurb. What is so revolutionary about this?
Old 13th June 2006
Here for the gear

Maybe not revolutionary. Still great with a fully featured DAW that is free, available for OSX, Linux and Windows and hopefully with a big community in the future.
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

The revolutionary thing about Ardour

The revolutionary part of Ardour is not the features ( those are basically the same as every other workstation ... tracks, busses, plugins )

The "revolution" is the way that Ardour is developed. Anybody can add features or fix bugs, just like the old days when studio engineers could fire up a soldering iron to "hot-rod" a piece of gear.

If a manufacturer uses this standard platform to create a fine-tuned product with full technical support, you get the best of both worlds. As an example, Harrison is using Ardour in a new stem recorder for post-production studios. To my knowledge, this is the first commercially available version of Ardour. You can learn more about how we used Ardour at http://www.motherofalldubbers.com

-Ben Loftis
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

How do you use it on a windows platform?
Matti
Old 17th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLoftis
The revolutionary part of Ardour is not the features ( those are basically the same as every other workstation ... tracks, busses, plugins )

The "revolution" is the way that Ardour is developed. Anybody can add features or fix bugs, just like the old days when studio engineers could fire up a soldering iron to "hot-rod" a piece of gear.

If a manufacturer uses this standard platform to create a fine-tuned product with full technical support, you get the best of both worlds. As an example, Harrison is using Ardour in a new stem recorder for post-production studios. To my knowledge, this is the first commercially available version of Ardour. You can learn more about how we used Ardour at http://www.motherofalldubbers.com

-Ben Loftis
http://www.harrisonconsoles.com
Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

Lets hope..

Ya i've been following the developpment of this wonderful DAW and i wish very soon they will think of Making a version (wich i think wouldn't be that hard for them to do) espcially knowing that they have a LINUX version already.. hope that they will come out with a Win Xp version...

It would be so amazing cuz i've been wanting to try it out and follow the progress but no LUCK yet....

Hopefully soon..

Thanx for sharing

Old 19th June 2006
Lives for gear

By the way.

wich version of Linux do you need ot run this DAW?
Old 26th June 2006
Gear Head

I have been following Ardour for quite some time now but have yet to use it. I am a linux noob and have tried a couple of times but with no luck but am about to try again tomorrow with Fedora Core 5. A good place to start is http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/
Also for anyone who is interested I would recommend signing up to the planet ccrma and Ardour mailing lists. There is a ton of info that is exchanged on those lists, most of which is way over my head but I try to take in what I can. Wish me luck with my latest attempt
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search