The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Pro Tools (LE) routing question
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Pro Tools (LE) routing question

I use a Digi 002 rack with API/Apogee front end. I keep a couple of Korg rackmount tuners on analog sends (which routs them out of the D/A converters in the 002, which I'm not using for anything.

For example, I'll connect the Analog 8 output from the 002 to the input on a tuner.

Then on an audio track, I'll set up a send to "Analog 8". This works fine.

What I can't seem to get straight is that if I select "pre" on the little fader that comes up when I activate the send, does that mean the send to the tuner is pre insert, or is it just pre fader?

It makes sense for the tuner to get a pre-fader send, and I know I've got that, but I also want it to be pre-insert so that any modulation plugins etc. aren't affecting the tuning.

I went thru the manual and I guess I'm a little dense as far as this goes.

Thanks!

max
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think it's post insert, pre fader.
TommyD
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyd
I think it's post insert, pre fader.
TommyD
thumbsup U got My Confirmation.
Old 8th June 2006
Lives for gear

That's a bummer. So no way to get a send before the efx? I don't want to have to set up another aux track or something. Not a big deal, just one of those convenience things.

I could see a bit of modulation in the tuner readout, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks, gents!

max
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxCooper
...So no way to get a send before the efx? I don't want to have to set up another aux track or something. Not a big deal, just one of those convenience things.
Maybe that would be something to include in an E-Mail to Digidesign Feature Request Department? thumbsup FWIW the last email I sent them regarding PDC, MultiProcessor Support, and I can't recall what else, I made sure to ask them to please please allow the tab button to switch options in dialog boxes when using PTLE on OSX. (You know, when u go to delete some regions using the clear command window, and it says "Delete, Remove, or Cancel" (Or heck even the Quit window with : "Save, Quit, Cancel") Well I am basically asking for the option to press tab and switch between the highlighted buttons. For some reason PT doesn't allow this simple but convient feature.

That and "Yes To All" command when deleting mutiple regions permanently... Clicking yes 40 times is not that enjoyable.
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley-OIART
That and "Yes To All" command when deleting mutiple regions permanently... Clicking yes 40 times is not that enjoyable.
Option+click = yes to all
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley-OIART
Well I am basically asking for the option to press tab and switch between the highlighted buttons. For some reason PT doesn't allow this simple but convient feature.
I hear you. I hate that I have to go back to the mouse to click "next" when I'm naming the tracks.

On that topic, I think I remember that in Windows, given a "Save/Don't save/Cancel" dialog you can arrow key thru the options or you could press "s" or "d" or "c" but not so in mac land.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by max cooper
I hear you. I hate that I have to go back to the mouse to click "next" when I'm naming the tracks.
Command–right arrow moves you to the next track while in the naming dialog.
Old 9th June 2006
Gear Nut

The two shorctut keys in this thread make it one of the most useful to me of all time!

Are those documented somewhere and I just missed it? I try to read over the shortcut keys every once in a while to pick up new gems...
Old 9th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by sounddevisor
Command–right arrow moves you to the next track while in the naming dialog.

Wow... thanks. I guess I coulda read the documentation. But when I start reading that stuff it has the same effect as Xanax.

Old 10th June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcatdigi
Option+click = yes to all

Casey
S C Digital Services c.o.a.
Thank You SIr!

-Scott Harloff

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search