The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Digi site down
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

Digi site down

The digidesign site is down this morning.....Maybe something new coming???
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

No, they are just temporarily incompatible with the internet, and are patiently awaiting an upgrade from Cisco systems. An insider told me that the upgrade from Cisco will cost them about 1.5 million, but they will have to repurchase quite a bit of hardware before it is all running properly. Everyone at Digi has their fingers crossed that their internet plug-ins will still work properly. fuuck
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Addict

Did your source have an estimate on down-time? Is this a one day thing or a one week thing?

peace

mixboy
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

Digi would not give an estimate, but they said they are working on it. Unfortunately all the hardware you have from them will be obsolete by the next time you boot your system, so don't reboot or you're all screwed
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks for that update Sarge! I've been on hold with Digi for the past 4 hours wondering whats going on. They have such poor customer service... jeez.. its like they think they own 90% of the digital recording market or something.
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Addict

A woman just told me they'd be back up around 4pm pacific time. I need to order a damn PT 7 upgrade stat! rr
Old 5th June 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by by-tor
The digidesign site is down this morning.....Maybe something new coming???
Interesting!. The Hardware exchange prices just went back to normal 22nd of May. Accel-2?
Dropping all Mac OS X compabilty after Apple announced bootcamp? Apple buying AVID? Avid buying Apple? Microsoft buying AVID?

Or perhaps just a new design. Boring

/Curiosity kills Jens
Old 5th June 2006
Lives for gear

I think I hear the Twilight Zone theme playing somewhere...

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search