0 Votes - 0%
other
21 Votes - 17.21%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 20th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFTPH View Post
what software and converters? This statement makes no since unless you are talking about using the built-in audio cards and if you are it is just dumb.
post 51
Old 20th August 2008
Gear Guru

Quote:
Best I've ever heard was PTHD but that was a session with a Platinum producer/engineer. The old "it's not the tools" cliche'
I bet it is the best, i cannot afford that kind of setup.
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
I bet it is the best, i cannot afford that kind of setup.
It was the best because the producer/engineer got everything into it sounding great i.e. performances and tones. A great song w/ great playing and great tones will mix itself and make any DAW sound big as f*ck.
Old 20th August 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall View Post
This is only going to poll out as to who is using what
That is so cynical.

I vote for my cat.
Old 20th August 2008
Quote:
It was the best because the producer/engineer got everything into it sounding great i.e. performances and tones. A great song w/ great playing and great tones will mix itself and make any DAW sound big as f*ck.
It's my sense that most of us (and very much myself included) don't tap out the full quality their gear is capable of. (And my gear is very modest and I actually have more than half a clue as to how to use it, having been doing this stuff for more than a quarter century -- and longer, if you count before I worked in studios).

I'm not saying that people shouldn't get nice gear if they can afford it.

I'm just saying that gear quality (from today's pro-sumer on up) is not nearly the contributing factor as the quality of players and instruments and the skill and ear of the engineer and producer.

And that many people who keep looking outside themselves to improve their recordings should probably spend less time fretting over gear and more time really getting to know how to pull the best out of it they can.
Old 20th August 2008
Gear Guru

Hey, i admit that Logic does sound the best if you are using 512 or 1024 buffer samples, who can use it with that kind of Latency ?, I can't
Logic users, how do you set up your software for the best sound with no Latency ?
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by (DC) View Post
I haven't used all of these, so I won't vote. But PT LE will get my thumbs up for its sheer simplicity.

Note: You left out Digital Performer and Logic for our mac users.
+1
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear

Well I was really trying to make a joke....
Old 20th August 2008
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllAboutTone View Post
Hey, i admit that Logic does sound the best if you are using 512 or 1024 buffer samples, who can use it with that kind of Latency ?, I can't
Logic users, how do you set up your software for the best sound with no Latency ?
Are you saying these ridiulous things on purpose to arouse us!? What in the world does the buffer setting have to do with the sound of a mix!?

halcyo
Old 20th August 2008
Gear Addict

Where's the compulsory 'On, no! Not another bloody useless poll!' option?
Old 11th August 2010
Gear Head

Now that we're in 2010, I'd vote Propellerhead's Record. its definitely not Logic Pro. Protools.. um Protools has a strong digital signature sound. Not sure that's always good. Record seems to have that *warmth*.
Old 11th August 2010
Gear Maniac

I didn't read all the post but;

Shouldn't it be: Cubase/Nuendo and just Pro Tools in the selections categories? I have never heard of (not that, that doesn't mean they don't exist, just not as far as my limited knowledge) difference in the audio engines between PT HD/LE and Cubase/Nuendo.
Old 12th August 2010
Lives for gear

logic. although the panning is a real problem.
Old 12th August 2010
Here for the gear

Some interesting omissions considering some things that made this list... Pyramix, sadie, soundscape, not to mention Logic... Not to mention if you're purely talking "mix" engine, you can throw S1 and Harrison Mixbus in there now...
Old 12th August 2010
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyg View Post
logic. although the panning is a real problem.
+1

Not sure what you mean by the panning though.
Old 12th August 2010
Gear Nut

Logic Pro

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search