The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Color tone pro/free analog channel or other.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Color tone pro/free analog channel or other.

Hi guys, out of these which does the job on the master fader most efficiently.

Also have i missed any other great ones.

Whats the Massey plug like.

Thanks guys.
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Maniac

links??

Thanks,
Blind
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingu
Hi guys, out of these which does the job on the master fader most efficiently.

Also have i missed any other great ones.

Whats the Massey plug like.

Thanks guys.
Why don't you try the Massey plugs? They're available as a free download, though with some limitations, but those are very little, no bleeps or anything...

http://www.masseyplugins.com/
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

although I'm still ragging the demo version (for now) of colortone pro, I have to say some of the IRs do absolute wonders at smoothing out the audio in a way that I feel is very analog-esque. The warm slider is also a nice tool for adding richness and would be a valuable plug in its own right. I haven't had any sucess with the blend feature but still I can't complain and will buy it very soon.

Problems with it are, you can't arrange IRs in folders so you end up with a neverending list to scroll through. I am hoping that this will be ammended although they are at the mercy of pluggo. Also it canes your cpu-HARD

Still using this in your workflow means trying lots of IRs and seeing what does it for you, some give almost no discernible difference, whilst others warm and smooth away.

There is a lot of fiddling involved but when you find something that works you can use it over drum group or vocal group and get a really nice flavour that is a bit like analog gear but just good in it's own right. Give it a try- it goes BEEP
Old 2nd June 2006
Gear Addict

I'm loving Colortone Pro. I've found multiple uses for it, from Snare to Guitars and it's always the first thing I put on the mixbus. I agree about the IR folder being better organized, it's kind of a pain when you've got lot's of IR's.
Old 2nd June 2006
Lives for gear

Colortone Free I use on each group and the master buss, sounds like analog to me
Old 3rd June 2006
Lives for gear

Thanks guys.
Old 23rd June 2006
Gear Maniac

what r ur favorite 2 buss settings for colortone pro?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search