The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Users who have switched from Mac to PC
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDuck View Post
Those are great choices, make sure you have low profile ram, other wise it wont fit under the D14.
Yeah, I ordered the 16GB ripjaw Z 1600Mhz kit, that should fit according to the Noctua Website. Motherboard just arrived, hope the rest will make it in time for the weekend...
Old 10th May 2012
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by chk23 View Post
Yeah, I ordered the 16GB ripjaw Z 1600Mhz kit, that should fit according to the Noctua Website. Motherboard just arrived, hope the rest will make it in time for the weekend...
The anticipation!!!!!
Old 10th May 2012
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassDuck View Post
The anticipation!!!!!
yep
Old 24th March 2015
Lives for gear

Mac to PC - Pro Tools question

Old thread but I'm reviving because I can't quite find the answer to my question.
I've been a Mac guy for 15 years but will soon be running a Radar studio with Pt11. My current rig is PT9HD on an older Mac Pro. I'm aware of Macdrive for mounting Mac formatted drives but I don't want to go that route given all the instances of corrupted drives.

I'd like to simply port sessions over to the solid state drives in the radar via USB flash drives or an SD card
I'm confused about enforcing Mac/PC compatibility though. Why can't I save PT9 sessions with that box checked? I can only do so if saving sessions as older PT versions.

Last edited by DavidKmusic; 25th March 2015 at 10:47 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search